Thread: Avidemux ignores bitrate setting.

Beans

Avidemux ignores bitrate setting.

Hi,
    Hope this is the right forum for this topic.
    I am converting some videos from .avi (divx) to mp4 (x264) to put them on my psp I am following this guide. The problem is that avidemux seimply ignores the bitrate I enter. Tried two-pass - Bitrate (Average), and two pass video size, but i doesn't make any difference at all. The final vieo files are about five MBs bigger than the originals, hich isn't really what I wanted. I just can't understand why Avidemux behaves this way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

Re: Avidemux ignores bitrate setting.

Avidemux has separate bitrate settings for video and audio. You have to take the audio stream size into account when calculating the video bitrate for a particular file size target.

Beans

Re: Avidemux ignores bitrate setting.

The problem is, it deos not matter what i enter into the bitrate field. Average bitrate 200kbs, 500kbs, and video size 200MB all result in the same output file, which is more than 350MB and has a video bitrate of more than 1000kbs... Seems like avidemux just doesn't give sh*t about what bitrate I tell it to use, and either uses the same bitrate as the riginal video, or uses one it comes up with vy itself for fun. I don't find it particulary funny, though.