Thread: DVD burner wont burn

Beans

Exclamation DVD burner wont burn

I recently upgraded to windows 7. its a fresh hard drive and OS. I'm pretty sure that i downloaded and installed every driver know to man off the dell site. i keep trying to burn a DVD but every time it goes through the process then at 99% the disk pops out and says there was a burn error. i have tried 3 burning programs to include Roxio 10, Nero 9 and windows 7 DVD maker. i have also tried 2 brands of disk. before i upgraded i used the same disk so i know its not a bad batch. everything i look up says drivers but i have nothing else i can upgrade. can anyone shed some like on this issue. oh yeah the drive still detects disk just fine just doesn't burn.
    Last edited by Twibs; December 15th, 2009 at 05:35 PM.

Beans

Re: DVD burner wont burn

Quote Originally Posted by Twibs View Post
    I recently upgraded to windows 7. its a fresh hard drive and OS. I'm pretty sure that i downloaded and installed every driver know to man off the dell site. i keep trying to burn a DVD but every time it goes through the process then at 99% the **** pops out and says there was a burn error. i have tried 3 burning programs to include Roxio 10, Nero 9 and windows 7 DVD maker. i have also tried 2 brands of disk. before i upgraded i used the same disk so i know its not a bad batch. everything i look up says drivers but i have nothing else i can upgrade. can anyone shed some like on this issue. oh yeah the drive still detects disk just fine just doesn't burn.
    Umm...oK. Download and install Ubuntu, then try using Brasero. If that doesnt work. Let us know....

darco
    Reason: no beans

Beans
    Hidden!

if nothing is working, then probably its a drive error.

Beans

OK i tried the other programs no go. and i tried to reinstalled the drivers still no go. something else i noticed. it says that there is a burn error and i look at the back of the disk, it doesn't look like it burned and it says it didn't but it says it is a bad disk when i try to use it again.

Beans
    Hidden!

as i said, it is probably a bad dvd writer. try borrowing one from your friend, and see if it works. if it does, then yours is definitely bad.