Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DWL-G630 HW:E2, FW: 5.00 / Ubuntu 8.04

Beans

Re: DWL-G630 HW:E2, FW: 5.00 / Ubuntu 8.04

Quote Originally Posted by roelpeeters View Post
    It seems like it has loaded it, since you have a wlan0 in your iwconfig list. You might want to try to configure it to use it in your network (here I refer to the other site that you already found).
    In addition, you could try to rebuild the module using the steps we did before but do not do the 'strip' command.
    If I run "iwlist wlan0 scan" I get different acesspoints so I guess it works now but now its just the problem that I can't connect to my own acesspoint

But I'm almost there, a BIG thanks for all your help

EDIT:

Now I get it working!!! BUT my connection freezes after a random period of time while surfing on any WLAN, why might that be?

Also is it possible to "unstrip", to revert the the settings before making the strip command?

Can I fully uninstall the driver, if so then how I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance & Best Regards - TheSwede86
    Last edited by TheSwede86; October 9th, 2008 at 10:31 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: DWL-G630 HW:E2, FW: 5.00 / Ubuntu 8.04

No problem, glad it worked for you. As far as I know there is no way to unstrip, since basically what happens is that the information that is 'stripped' is thrown away, and therefore you are not able to undo the strip. The only thing would be to make the module again.

You can uninstall the driver with the following code:
    First:
    Code:
    sudo ifconfig wlan0 down
    Then
    Code:
    sudo rmmod rt61
    This will remove the driver for this instance. If you installed the driver in /etc/modules (you should see a line with rt61 in the file /etc/modules); then you can remove it simply by removing the line with 'rt61' from that file.

Why it freezes, is hard to say. You might want to check your 'dmesg' or other log files to see if you can find any errors. I know that under heavy load (like a lot of downloading, torrents, http downloads together) the wireless connection may drop.

Hope this helps,

Roel
    Ubuntu User #12366
    Read my blog for my experiences with Ubuntu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12