View Poll Results: So how do you feel ? (please read first post for more info)

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • Happy/Glad

37 12.98%
  • Excited

20 7.02%
  • Proud

16 5.61%
  • Deceived

57 20.00%
  • Tired/Baffled

66 23.16%
  • Worried

66 23.16%
  • Angry

49 17.19%
  • Indifferent

74 25.96%
  • Other (please mention it)

17 5.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about Intrepid's look ?

Beans

How do you feel about Intrepid's look ?

There are similar threads I know but I thought we missed a poll on that, so we can have a look of the overall feeling of ubuntu users about the look of it as it is at least now on the beta.

So, we were promised a NEW default look a year ago, for Hardy...That didn't come, I thought ok, I will ust chage it, after all the default isn't that bad, with some tweaking it could be a home-ish environment, so I just swallowed my tiny dissapointment waiting (and waiting can be hard sometimes) for Intrepid, which was again promised to have the brand new look that was ought to be in hardy (but as it was said it wasn't ready, I thought, it's ok, good stuff take their time)...

Now we are past beta and all I see is something same as before, with the only changes for worst (aka wallpaper).

I still hope it's just a joke or something but as time goes by I am realising more and more the idea thaqt this could be the way Intrepid ships... That really pissed me off...All that time I had been telling friends about ubuntu, the awesome linux distro that is easy , powerful fast and is soon gonna look more beautiful (as most friends said they didn't like it much) but now the devs AND me ended up sort of lieing!
    This is just not honest and if it's gonna stay like this I will feel much more dishonesty from the ones responsible for the design at canonical. There is chance I will move to another distro, and OF COURSE I won't be showing ubuntu or installing it to any more friends, I feel just ashamed showing something like that.

I am not talking in hate, I hope you understand me, I am talking in dissapointment, because there is nothing worst that spreading rumors and official news and just kicking back at the last moment. It's like promising a guy that is starving that you will give him soon a great lunch as long as he is patient, in a day or two, then the 2 days pass, and nothing you just tell him to wait a bit more and tell him this lunch will actually be bigger and better than planned, he just would have to wait for some more days, and eventually after some weeks you return and give him overcooked air.
    How can you trust someone after all that promises to do something and he doesn't and again he promises again and still doesn't? If ubuntu ships like that, it will cause irreversible damage to it's user base I think current and potential base.

After all if the professional team at canonical couldn't create something, there could be used as default one of the great themes and wallpapers submited by the community.(by the way GREAT JOB community, you derserve lots of applause, unlike the official designers)

Now coming to the poll, you can vote for as many feelings it cause to you as you want.
    The available ones are :
    Worried
    Angry
    Baffled/Tired
    Excited
    Glad/Happy
    Indifferent
    Proud

Beans

Re: How do you feel about Intrepid's look ?

I voted Angry even though I am a new user Still setting it up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

For BOTH hard and intrepid the look SUCKS.Look at Mint's Artwork , they are awesome.

Beans

I put other because I am surprised (not necessarily tired or baffled, but surprised). Mark came out with his goons late in the art cycle, and said that we (the community) no longer work on the default themes, his people do. So I am kind of saddened that Mark doesn't use community themes, but there ARE a lot of program-related bugs with the themes that need fixing first.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by smartboyathome View Post
    I put other because I am surprised (not necessarily tired or baffled, but surprised). Mark came out with his goons late in the art cycle, and said that we (the community) no longer work on the default themes, his people do. So I am kind of saddened that Mark doesn't use community themes, but there ARE a lot of program-related bugs with the themes that need fixing first.
    you're right. ubuntu should be a community driven distro. users should have a say atleast for the look and feel factor.
    [Arch + KDE]

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vishzilla View Post
    you're right. ubuntu should be a community driven distro. users should have a say atleast for the look and feel factor.
    A community driven distro with limits. Community can only do so much and have it be professionally, and while I do agree with Mark saying that his people should do the default artwork, I do not agree with him saying that we shouldn't try to make artwork which is good enough for default.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by smartboyathome View Post
    A community driven distro with limits. Community can only do so much and have it be professionally, and while I do agree with Mark saying that his people should do the default artwork, I do not agree with him saying that we shouldn't try to make artwork which is good enough for default.
    true. we'll have to wait for 9.x to see if he can turn it around
    [Arch + KDE]

Beans

Cool Re: How do you feel about Intrepid's look ?

I really liked the design of hardy - it is warm and beautiful. The beta of intrepid is far to "dark" for my taste. It look's kind of dead.
    Hope it will be changed!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I like it I guess, it could be a bit better.

Beans

It's the 8.04 theme and a made-in-2-minutes brown-for-the-sake-of-being-brown wallpaper.

Not sure what the poll means by "Intrepid's look".

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast