Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless won't connect

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Wireless won't connect

Quote Originally Posted by munguanaweza View Post
    Hi,
    I thought that I would give your suggestion a try just on the off chance it was a driver problem, so I installed ndiswrapper with the windows wireless tools. Then I installed the windows driver for the wireless card. The driver is installed properly, but I am having the same problem. I can't get hooked up to the internet.

It seems like the card isn't configured into the operating system or something, even though the drivers are installed, and the card is powered.

Anyone have any thoughts? Why is there no way to check if the card is installed in the operating system from the system dropdown menu?

Thanks
    Actually, you can go to the system drop down menu and select administration then select Network. This will list your physical network connections that are available.
    You can select the connection for wireless and click on properties to review and update the settings of the connection/device.
    The screen will be grayed out and you will have to supply the root password in order to use this function.

You can also use terminal and type iwconfig to view your wireless network device and see what it is connected to.

regards,

Beans

Hi,
    thanks for the reply. I have performed both of the actions you mentioned, and one may read my iwconfig readout in my first post in the thread.

Is there a specific dropdown list for hardware as mentioned in the documentation that I referenced in my first post in this thread?

Is there an upper limit on the number of characters that one may input to the WPA supplicant encryption code box in Xubuntu? I can't tell if all the characters are actually going in once I reach the physical dimensions of the box as I type across and add characters in the box. When I reach the limit of the box the characters don't jump to let me know that more are going in.

Beans

Bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by munguanaweza View Post
    Hi,
    thanks for the reply. I have performed both of the actions you mentioned, and one may read my iwconfig readout in my first post in the thread.

Is there a specific dropdown list for hardware as mentioned in the documentation that I referenced in my first post in this thread?

Is there an upper limit on the number of characters that one may input to the WPA supplicant encryption code box in Xubuntu? I can't tell if all the characters are actually going in once I reach the physical dimensions of the box as I type across and add characters in the box. When I reach the limit of the box the characters don't jump to let me know that more are going in.
    I do not have the level of knowledge to assist with these questions.
    Sorry,
    slowspeed

Beans

I do not have the level of knowledge to assist with these questions.
    Sorry,
    slowspeed

That makes two of us, thanks for trying, Slowspeed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12