Thread: NFS and mounted disk

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

NFS and mounted disk

I am using NFS to share a folder from my server to some clients (all are Hardy).

My /etc/exports is something like this:
    Code:
    /mnt/media/ 192.168.2.*(rw,no_root_squash,async,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000)
    Under /mnt/media there is a folder, mediafiles. On the server I mount another disk at /mnt/media/mediafiles.

The problem is that the old files from /mnt/media/mediafiles are shown on the clients, not the new files from the other disk. On the server ls /mnt/media/mediafiles gives the desired output.

Is there a way to make it export the mounted disk or do I have to make another line in /etc/exports and mount it on the clients? I have rebooted the server and restarted nfs.
    Last edited by .nedberg; October 2nd, 2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: More info
    Open mind, open source!
    Keep control of computer usage with timekpr
    Screensaver for Amarok? AmarokScreenSaver
    My (Norwegian) blog about motorcycles and MotoGP

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: NFS and mounted disk

After digging around for a while I found something indicating that what I wanted could not be done with the nfs-kernel-server. With the nfs-user-server it was default behaviour, but it didn't have that good performance.

I therfore "solved" this problem by simply mounting my new disk on the server outside of the old export, added the new mountpoint to /etc/exports and mounted this where I wanted it on the clients. This was not optimal as I now had to change /etc/fstab on every client.

Anyhow, it is now working as it should do!
    Open mind, open source!
    Keep control of computer usage with timekpr
    Screensaver for Amarok? AmarokScreenSaver
    My (Norwegian) blog about motorcycles and MotoGP