Thread: Hey Loco

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hey Loco

Just saying Hey. Just found the LoCo. I have been using various linux distros for a few years solely as a home desktop user (no fewer frustrations than with windows, but no more, and somehow much more satisfying as the issues seem to be related to my learning rather than others malicious intent). Have stuck with Hardy, dumped my PCLOS install/XP/Feisty install on wired box, and keeping Hardy/Vista on wireless desktop box. I find I rarely need to boot into Vista, usually due to my wife's impatience for me to find a workaround.
    I'm interested in participating in the community as much as work and family time allow. I'm in Huntsville (but work in healthcare, not IT at all)

I have signed up at Launchpad, but found the process and multiple access sites for the LoCo somewhat confusing (why a Launchpad account, a wiki, a maillist, a blog, and a forum, plus IRC of course) and as a result have a different launchpad ID than ubuntu forums ID as I didn't realize they would be essentially the same thing.

Looking forward to testing Intrepid, but am waiting until the Kernel bug on the Intel driver's has been squashed
    "I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”--Oscar Wilde

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Hey Loco

Hey TVAbuntu,
    Welcome to the Al Loco.
    Just wanted to to say HI, Retiree
    Learning curve's are like life's curves,you will learn one way or the other!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by TVAbuntu View Post
    I'm in Huntsville (but work in healthcare, not IT at all)

I have signed up at Launchpad, but found the process and multiple access sites for the LoCo somewhat confusing (why a Launchpad account, a wiki, a maillist, a blog, and a forum, plus IRC of course) and as a result have a different launchpad ID than ubuntu forums ID as I didn't realize they would be essentially the same thing.

Looking forward to testing Intrepid, but am waiting until the Kernel bug on the Intel driver's has been squashed
    Welcome. Launchpad and Ubuntuforums (and the irc rooms) are all run independently from each other, although launchpad and the wiki pages have recently started using OpenID together. The blog is just our team's site that we put together.

Beans
    Hidden!

Yea, Thanks for joining us. I too think that all this can be a bit overkill trying to keep up to date. The blog is where we will post news and info about the groups activities and Ubuntu/Linux related information that could be helpful to those in the group.
    The Wiki is the place where we can all edit and update to keep up with plans, requests, and schedules for the group. This is the link back to Ubuntu itself and all the other Loco groups. Any plans we make or ideas we have will show there first.
    irc, the mailing list, and the forums are the direct forms of communication. General chat, ideas, plans, and projects ultimately start there. I think the irc channel probably sees the most activity.
    Again that's for joining us. Hope you can drop by the meeting tonight.

Jason
    Alabama LoCo

Don't just use Linux, Learn Linux please refer to Proper Documentation. http://wiki.ubuntu.com http://doc.gwos.org http://ubuntuguide.org