View Poll Results: Do you want Intrepid to change Ubuntu's GNOME main theme?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I prefer a redesigned Ubuntu

269 74.10%
  • Yes, I will prefer a Ubuntu desktop that looks more like Windows

9 2.48%
  • Nah, I like brown Human

85 23.42%
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallpaper and theme complaint megathread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Wallpaper and theme complaint megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Paqman View Post
    The OP and the poll don't really match. I voted to keep Human, because I like it, but think the new wallpaper is terrible. Massive step back from Hardy.

Here's hoping they're going to surprise us with the "real" wallpaper in between now and final release.
    I didn't make the poll

Therion is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by quinnten83 View Post
    I love earth tones. I just think the art-team doesn't implement them correctly. Look at this site, has the same earth tones, but it doses them correctly. So the brown doesn't feel like it's closing in on you.
    Doubleplusgood.

I'm not saying I love the color-scheme, but I don't dislike it either. I do think they could keep the earthiness and warmth though, and do so without it being so heavy and claustrophobic. Maybe use more neutral shades (I said "more" neutral, as in "to move in the direction of being neutral" not as in "additional").

In short, keep the colors, but lighten them up a little. Put a little creamer in the coffee, so to speak. I think that would go a long way toward silencing some of the complaints. Some of them...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    Doubleplusgood.

In short, keep the colors, but lighten them up a little. Put a little creamer in the coffee, so to speak. I think that would go a long way toward silencing some of the complaints. Some of them...
    i agree, but plenty cream, and sugar, as well
    Linux user #435981 / Ubuntu user #9751

"...when i hear the voices, i ignore them, and do something constructive, like play with my ubuntu..."

Therion is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Now this is, in my opinion, an example of a well done earth-tone theme. It's a little heavier than I like, personally, but it's clean, polished and modern looking.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

By the way, what exactly do people dislike about the wallpaper? Most posters here just say "Nasty, * is better". I thought it was nice and simple... *shrugs*
    Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but for me it just looks so uninspired and dull compared to the Hardy wallpaper and, while I don't mind brown as a colour, the way it is used here is not nice at all! It is nice and simple, and maybe that is why is has been chosen, but I really think nice and simple can be done better than this!

Now this is, in my opinion, an example of a well done earth-tone theme. It's a little heavier than I like, personally, but it's clean, polished and modern looking.
    That is very nice, vastly better than the dark theme on the Ibex alphas. Still not sure how I feel about a dark theme compared to a light theme though. Still, even if they just used that great background I would be happy!

Even Kubuntu has been given a better background! OK it might not be the most exciting thing ever, but at least it is visually pleasing.

Beans

The colours are fine, the theme engine's and icons are not nice. That's why I use an orange Clearlooks (thanks to colour themes).
    A Fedora user

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Will they change the theme?

Will they change the theme in Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex?
    what is beautiful is not always good, but what is good is always beautiful!
    When I'm right no one remembers..When I'm wrong no one forgets..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Will they change the theme?

Simple Answer: No

Beans

Why?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Please, for the love of $deity, change the theme... The particular shade of brown used in Human looks like something I flushed after my last draft beer drinking spree.
    What's wrong with something bold and distinctive, such as Dust? I'm using it now, and while it may be dark, it's readable and looks nice on both my desktop (CRT) and laptop.

Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast