Thread: KDE 4.2, anyone?

Beans

KDE 4.2, anyone?

Anyone tried the latest KDE 4.2 in openSUSE Build Service KDE4 Unstable?

Desktop effects run much nicer on my system.

Beans

Re: KDE 4.2, anyone?

Desktop effects??? how about the whole system runs better. KDE 4.1.70 is the fastest desktop I've used since XP and it's pre alpha, has better features and looks a hell of alot better. Not to mention I'm also running beta 3 of suse 11.1. Honestly 11.1 for suse will be great and stable. But forget 4.1.2, I'm ripping that right out and going with KDE 4.2. It's by far the best KDE yet. And the reason to switch.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by quickshade View Post
    Desktop effects??? how about the whole system runs better. KDE 4.1.70 is the fastest desktop I've used since XP and it's pre alpha, has better features and looks a hell of alot better. Not to mention I'm also running beta 3 of suse 11.1. Honestly 11.1 for suse will be great and stable. But forget 4.1.2, I'm ripping that right out and going with KDE 4.2. It's by far the best KDE yet. And the reason to switch.
    Yes, 4.1 is gettin' there.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by quickshade View Post
    That's it, I'm going to have to grab a copy of 11.1 Beta 3 and try it out just to see if it's that good. See what you've done?

My Kubuntu Intrepid partition has been throwing tantrums all day and I'm even willing to brave SUSE's dependency resolution dialogs to try something else.
    “Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect.”
    -Linus Torvalds
    Keeping the side effect going since Summer 2007