Thread: how to download

Beans

how to download

How can i read 'Full Circle' mag.Im a subscriber and get notification through email but i cant figure out how to view mag. I click on 'download here' and it says 'done' but where is it?Ive tried logging in to see if theres a different download but no success. The real mystery is that i know i read several back issues but i cant figure out what im not doing right now.Oh im running Hardy and latest Firefox but ive tried it on Epiphany too.I know its something simple but im having a brain freeze.
    Thanks for input JESSE C

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: how to download

Quote Originally Posted by jesse c View Post
    How can i read 'Full Circle' mag.Im a subscriber and get notification through email but i cant figure out how to view mag. I click on 'download here' and it says 'done' but where is it?Ive tried logging in to see if theres a different download but no success. The real mystery is that i know i read several back issues but i cant figure out what im not doing right now.Oh im running Hardy and latest Firefox but ive tried it on Epiphany too.I know its something simple but im having a brain freeze.
    Thanks for input JESSE C
    Maybe your FF is trying to display the PDF itself rather than saving it? Or is trying to send the PDF to an application that's not there/broken? Try going in to your Firefox Preferences and click the Applications tab, in there is a list of what Firefox will do with particular files. For example: in my FF3, all SWF files go to 'Shockwave Flash'. Check your PDF entry, mine says 'Always Ask' so it will always ask me what to do with any PDF file I click on in the web.
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

you tried to download this on firefox try to do it on internet explorer some time firefox Don't support few program's
    It should work with Firefox. It is not a problem like you have stated. The problem is particular to the OP.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans

Thumbs down Re: how to download

I use FF 3.03 and had to set Tools->Options->Applications preferences to "Save FIle". I had it set at "Always Ask" but it would never open the pop-up to ask me.

Beans

Use Firefox and go to Firefox add on site https://addons.update.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
    and search for add on called "PDF Download" and install.

then next time you click on download link it will ask you what to do to save or view.

otherwise right click on download link and select "Copy link Location" then got your download manager like kget or any and click add and paste link and click download.