Thread: Krita cannot open saved files

Beans

Krita cannot open saved files

Hi,
    I'm working on 16-bit TIFF files which are about 57.5MB each in Krita. Actually I wanted to use GIMP but as the GIMP doesn't support 16-bit format I had to look for an alternative.

Krita worked well so far (except for filters that I miss compared to GIMP) and I successfully exported retouched TIFF files.

Now on one photo I have to work with layers, so I saved the whole thing in Krita's own format. Opening the file again, though, just leads to an error:

"Could not open <file name>.kra"

It is really bad as I just spent two hours working on it (with Krita being quite slow when loading bigger images) and now it seems that my work is lost. Is this a known issue?

In order to make sure that it is nothing to do with the size of the new file (119.3MB) I opened another TIFF file (57MB) and saved it in the KRI format (59MB). Also this file cannot be opened and is rejected with the error message above.

Does anybody know this problem?

Beans

Re: Krita cannot open saved files

Maybe this is an issue coming from TIFF files...
    Saving bigger JPGs (hard to find that) in *.KRI format works - the files can be opened thereafter. However, saving only a monochrome small TIFF to KRI does not. The KRI file cannot be opened.

Could somebody confirm this behavior, please?

Beans

Re: Krita cannot open saved files

mpfh... I'm on Photoshop CS2 demo now to retouch the pictures. Sad. Krita looked good. But not being able to open files that were saved just a second ago is somewhat hindering...