Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

Beans

Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    You don't need "rhythmbox-desktop-art v2.00" for a conky only solution as that provides an alternative to conky for cover art output on the desktop...might be the best option though!

For conky all you should need is the cover art plugin enabled to get the cover art sorted as and when then conkyRhythmbox should find it on running....I don't get this though, cover art never comes back for me either. I Rhythmbox v2.90.1 installed, although I only use it for testing the script for others...mpd and sonata for me!
    Nothing important, does ubuntu have a different naming because they are only up to rhythmbox 0.13 http://projects.gnome.org/rhythmbox/
    "I don't have a problem with someone using their talents to become successful, I just don't think the highest calling is success." - Richard Stallman
    sudo apt-get mail
    package not found

Beans
    Hidden!

You don't need "rhythmbox-desktop-art v2.00" for a conky only solution as that provides an alternative to conky for cover art output on the desktop...might be the best option though!

For conky all you should need is the cover art plugin enabled to get the cover art sorted as and when then conkyRhythmbox should find it on running....I don't get this though, cover art never comes back for me either. I Rhythmbox v2.90.1 installed, although I only use it for testing the script for others...mpd and sonata for me!
    OK. I didn't know that and grabbed it. Can't hurt.

I get the cover art for ANY album I have (3 now)

1. Настя Ясная - Моя Любовь
    2. Siberian Jungle Vol.2
    3. The Very Best Of Roy Orbison

... IN Rhythmbox, the #! Popup using “zenity" and on the mouse over function when I put the mouse on the Rhythmbox icon in Tint2.

It looks like I'm behind the time: Rhythmbox 0.12.8 from the Debian repos.
    How can you have v2.90 the website says the latest version is:
    The latest stable release is 0.13.3 (changelog, news).

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by vehemoth View Post
    I'm not very good at communicating my ideas, sorry.

But I was saying that all of the text showed up fine on my system.
    I use debian squeeze, so I'm assuming it's something to do with crunchbang's terminal as the conky and conkyRhythmbox should be the same.

Maybe this page can help you with utf8 support http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/to...t-please-help/
    No need to apologize, I had a thought that English was not your native language when I saw the Japanese font: WenQuanYiMicroHei. I may have been wrong about that but I chose to explain things in full rather than not enough. And #! 10 based on Debian Squeeze uses the Debian Squeeze repos, so basically we are running the same system. I know there are die-hard people in the Debian forums that will shoot me down in flames because it's not "pure" but that's a matter of semantics.

Today however I see everything is working - the Russian font and all - EXCEPT the cover art. Strange, I didn't do anything different, din't install anything! I've seen that page you linked to as I have two friends married to Japanese ladies. One living in Japan and one believe it or not in Sweden.

So back to the original question - where's the beef? (cover art)

Beans
    Hidden!

Nothing important, does ubuntu have a different naming because they are only up to rhythmbox 0.13 http://projects.gnome.org/rhythmbox/
    I missed this, kaivalagi doesn't use Ubuntu anymore, he uses ARCH Linux now. And yes, I have the same question. He was using Ubuntu when he created these apps and continues to support them.

Beans

Coverart was broken in those updates you installed after the ones from the ppa, they were broken when he was trying to fix the utf8 support.

English is my native language, I'm just not very good at communicating.

That conky is just a heavily modified one from the .conkyrc thread (the first conky I think), there were things in it that I havn't removed (I need to rebuild it from the ground up). Whoever wrote it probably has a different native language (I don't think I even have all of the fonts used).
    "I don't have a problem with someone using their talents to become successful, I just don't think the highest calling is success." - Richard Stallman
    sudo apt-get mail
    package not found

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    I missed this, kaivalagi doesn't use Ubuntu anymore, he uses ARCH Linux now. And yes, I have the same question. He was using Ubuntu when he created these apps and continues to support them.
    It's also Rhythmbox v2.90.1 on fedora 15, though I don't know why.
    sudo apt-get mail
    package not found

Beans
    Hidden!

Coverart was broken in those updates you installed after the ones from the ppa, they were broken when he was trying to fix the utf8 support.

English is my native language, I'm just not very good at communicating.

That conky is just a heavily modified one from the .conkyrc thread (the first conky I think), there were things in it that I havn't removed (I need to rebuild it from the ground up). Whoever wrote it probably has a different native language (I don't think I even have all of the fonts used).
    Oh, OK, fixed the language, broke the art. Stranger things have happened. I know that kaivalagi is extremely busy these days and trying hard to find time with a new job and a new baby.

Oh then in that case I do apologize. I thought it was because of the font, now I understand. Well, that's why I though you were not English, I am sorry.

I didn't even get the art "before" the fix in conky.

Beans

I changed to debian wheezy and now I don't even get the cover art with the original .deb from the ppa.

Code:
    *** INITIAL OPTIONS:
        datatype: CA
        template: None
        ratingchar: *
        nounknownoutput: False
        secondsoutput: False
        maxlength: 0
        verbose: True
        errorlogfile: None
        infologfile: None
    INFO: Calling dbus interface for music data
    INFO: Setting up dbus interface
    INFO: Calling dbus interface for music data
    INFO: Preparing output for datatype:CA
    sudo apt-get mail
    package not found

Beans
    Hidden!

just use the "rhythmbox-desktop-art" plugin available in the ppa, that's what I used when running with RB...

Beans

just use the "rhythmbox-desktop-art" plugin available in the ppa, that's what I used when running with RB...
    Sweet as, cheers for all your help anyways guys.
    sudo apt-get mail
    package not found

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast