Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

I think I may have found the solution! I had down graded to Lucid from Maverick as you may know and this is what I had
    done in Lucid before and the album art appeared in Rhythmbox after doing so!

I was ripping my older CDs and the CDDB info did not populate until I found this solution.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install cddb python-cddb libcddb-get-perl libcddb2 libaudio-cd-perl libcddb-perl
    The album art now displays with the conkyRhythmbox script!

See if that doesn't fix the album art issue for you. For some odd reason when I play song 1 it doesn't display, but if I go to
    song 2 it does and when I go back to song 1 it's still good.

Then when I closed Rhythmbox and then reopened it all was good, even song 1!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Sorry about the triple post. I clicked once and it gave proxy error, so I clicked again and when it finally took I seen there were 3.
    Last edited by Cavsfan; January 19th, 2011 at 07:41 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I think I may have found the solution! I had down graded to Lucid from Maverick as you may know and this is what I had
    done in Lucid before and the album art appeared in Rhythmbox after doing so!

I was ripping my older CDs and the CDDB info did not populate until I found this solution.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install cddb python-cddb libcddb-get-perl libcddb2 libaudio-cd-perl libcddb-perl
    The album art now displays with the conkyRhythmbox script!

See if that doesn't fix the album art issue for you. For some odd reason when I play song 1 it doesn't display, but if I go to
    song 2 it does and when I go back to song 1 it's still good.

Then when I closed Rhythmbox and then reopened it all was good, even song 1!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Sorry about the triple post. I clicked once and it gave proxy error, so I clicked again and when it finally took I seen there were 3.
    Yeah, this site is knackered at the moment, I am guessing the database server is low on space and resources etc...

Beans

Hey, I'm experiencing a little problem with conkyRhythmbox from time to time. It's kind of hard to reproduce as I'm not exactly sure what's causing the problem in the first place.

I'm using conky in combination with a lua script to construct the name of the album art as it's stored by Rhythmbox (in ~/.cache/rhythmbox/covers). If the file is not present there I'm calling conkyRhythmbox -d CA and copy the image from /tmp/cover to the covers directory. That is the case when I have a file called folder.jpg in the path where the mp3 resides. Sometimes, however, when a folder.jpg is present and correctly displayed in RB, conkyRhythmbox returns an empty string... sometimes, because the rest of the time it'll work just fine.

The only additional information I can give you is that double-clicking the image in RB doesn't open the folder.jpg in the image viewer. So I'm guessing the problem is actually related to RB resp. the RB plugin and not conkyRhythmbox, but I thought I'd ask here if anyone else faced a similar problem in the past.

Cheers.

Edit: Noticed a song that didn't have a folder.jpg but an image that was displayed in RB although it wasn't present in the covers folder. Weirdly enough I fixed it by d&d'ing the cover that was displayed in RB onto the cover art frame in RB itself. By doing that I guess I manually told RB to copy the cover to the covers directory. Only thing that baffles me is where the cover resided in the first place :/
    Last edited by niiiklas; January 29th, 2011 at 06:18 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by niiiklas View Post
    Edit: Noticed a song that didn't have a folder.jpg but an image that was displayed in RB although it wasn't present in the covers folder. Weirdly enough I fixed it by d&d'ing the cover that was displayed in RB onto the cover art frame in RB itself. By doing that I guess I manually told RB to copy the cover to the covers directory. Only thing that baffles me is where the cover resided in the first place :/
    Yeah, there isn't much I can help with, but I do know what you're speaking of. RB does sometimes display coverart but doesn't populate the d-bus methods for it too, until you re-download the cover art again and then it's stored appropriately...the only thing I can suggest is raising it as a bug with RB trying to give full details on how to reproduce if you can.......

Beans

Alright, thanks for the info. I filed a bug report here https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=640915

Beans

Can someone help me out with this, I have the following:

{
    name='if_match "${mpd_status}"=="Playing"}${mpd_percent}${else}${ if_match "${mpd_status}"=="Paused"}${mpd_percent}${else}0${ endif}${endif',
    --name='mpd_percent',
    arg='',
    max=100,
    bg_colour=0x2C3949,
    bg_alpha=0.5,
    fg_colour=0x71A1DF,
    fg_alpha=0.5,
    x=771, y=61,
    radius=28.5,
    thickness=5,
    start_angle=-90,
    end_angle=270
    },

But I ant to replace mpd with rhythmbox --database pp. Any suggestions? I have conkyRhythmbox installed (running Ubuntu 10.10). Tried a bunch of things and it's just not working. Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by jmadero View Post
    But I ant to replace mpd with rhythmbox --database pp. Any suggestions? I have conkyRhythmbox installed (running Ubuntu 10.10). Tried a bunch of things and it's just not working. Thanks in advance.
    That's Lua from one of wlourf's scripts right?

This is only a guess so I am not entirely sure if putting an exec in like this would work, the trouble is you are using a "name" to drive functionality which seems a bit wrong...?

Code:
    {
    name='if_match "${exec conkyRhythmbox -d ST}"=="Stopped"}0${else}${exec conkyRhythmbox -d PP}${endif}',
    --name='mpd_percent',
    arg='',
    max=100,
    bg_colour=0x2C3949,
    bg_alpha=0.5,
    fg_colour=0x71A1DF,
    fg_alpha=0.5,
    x=771, y=61,
    radius=28.5,
    thickness=5,
    start_angle=-90,
    end_angle=270
    },
    If that don't work (it wont handle RB not running...)then sorry but you're gonna have to wait for the conkyrc thread to reopen for posting again as ask there

Beans

Thanks for the reply. No luck with that script. I actually got the original script from here:

http://sen7.deviantart.com/art/Conky...rive-151418309

Been modifying it quite a bit and this was one of the things I wanted to do. I'm going to keep playing around to get it to work. MPD is nice but it's too much work and I run mysql on the MPD port so I'd prefer just getting a rhythmbox ring going. If you have any other suggestions I'll give it a try. Thanks again

Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast