Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    I'll add it to my TODO's...
    As it turns out, the guy who wrote the Amarok one had a rhythmbox version, so you can put that on your back, back burner unless you have another compelling reason to add it.
    Desktop: Quantal on Core2 Duo E8500/Asus P5Q
    Laptop: Precise on S76 Pangolin

Beans

kaivalagi

Thank you for the rhythmbox cover-art plugin

You are an absolute champion for this

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by bra10n View Post
    kaivalagi

Thank you for the rhythmbox cover-art plugin

You are an absolute champion for this
    You found that did you It was someone elses work, which I modified and created a package for....

Wait until you see my next project released...can't say any more yet even though I am dying to....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

can't say any more yet even though I am dying to....

me too
    hippyrandall.com | This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is alittle ironic since we may not have one. -- Arthur Clarke

Beans

You found that did you It was someone elses work, which I modified and created a package for....

Wait until you see my next project released...can't say any more yet even though I am dying to....
    Stand tall. I can wait... just long enough for you to talk though

Beans

I just installed this and I'm not not getting and info from artist,album or title it just says unknown even though its a cd and rythmbox gives all the info. While running conky with a terminal opened i get this error message:

ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.264:/org/gnome/Rhythmbox/Player: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
    ERROR: Issue calling the dbus servicerg.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name :1.264 was not provided by any .service files

Not sure what this means at all? this is what is at the end of my conky file

${if_running rhythmbox}
    ${color white}${execp conkyRhythmbox --template=/usr/share/conkyrhythmbox/example/conkyRhythmbox.template}${color}
    ${endif}

Edit: Its working for everyhting else: internet radio, mp3s just not when playing a cd. I'm not sure if this script is set-up to handle cd playback but when playing a cd everything but the progrss is listed as unknown.
    Last edited by IceReaver75; December 4th, 2008 at 08:35 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by IceReaver75 View Post
    I just installed this and I'm not not getting and info from artist,album or title it just says unknown even though its a cd and rythmbox gives all the info. While running conky with a terminal opened i get this error message:

ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.264:/org/gnome/Rhythmbox/Player: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
    ERROR: Issue calling the dbus servicerg.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name :1.264 was not provided by any .service files

Not sure what this means at all? this is what is at the end of my conky file

${if_running rhythmbox}
    ${color white}${execp conkyRhythmbox --template=/usr/share/conkyrhythmbox/example/conkyRhythmbox.template}${color}
    ${endif}

Edit: Its working for everyhting else: internet radio, mp3s just not when playing a cd. I'm not sure if this script is set-up to handle cd playback but when playing a cd everything but the progrss is listed as unknown.
    Never though to try a CD before All my CD's are ripped to MP3's and stored away...

I'll take a look at the reason why it doesn't work soon, I have something else on the go right now..

Beans

Never though to try a CD before All my CD's are ripped to MP3's and stored away...

I'll take a look at the reason why it doesn't work soon, I have something else on the go right now..
    Alright thanks for taking a look. Take your time whenever you get a chance is fine.

Beans
    Hidden!

New app added to my PPA, new thread on this can be found through the apps link in my sig below...

Beans

Thanks. I love that plugin. I wish they all had that plugin.

It features well in my setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast