Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

i got it working =D. here's a snap of my current setup, with the config:

Code:
    ${offset 69}${font AvantGardeLTMedium:size=10}${exec rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %tt}
    ${offset 69}$color1${exec rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %ta}$font${exec ret}
    ${exec cp "`conkyRhythmbox --datatype=CA | sed -e 's/\\\//g'`" /home/jack/.album}${image /home/jack/.album -p 0,2 -s 64x64}
    the last line is the important stuff. it basically copies whatever the album image is to ~/.album, then conky displays that. make sure to put a
    Code:
    imlib_cache_size 0
    in your conky file so it doesn't cache it.

and again, you have to compile conky with "--enable-imlib2" in order to use the $image tag.

enjoy!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by aslamp View Post
    i got it working =D
    Nicely done, I've posted a link to your post above on the main conkyrc thread, lettings others know about it there...

I've released the new packages for Rhythmbox and Exaile already
    Last edited by kaivalagi; July 26th, 2009 at 02:16 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

UPDATE

I have added cover art support to the script, now cover art image filepaths can be found by using the --datatype=CA option. This option will be useful to anyone using the $image function now available with conky v1.7.1+

Package changes can be seen here: https://launchpad.net/~m-buck/+archive/conky/+files/conkyrhythmbox_2.07_source.changes

The apt packages should be available shortly, the first post has the new packages attached also

Chimo

Edit: I forgot to update the README and the help output to detail the CA datatype availability...this will be updated in the next release whenever that is...
    Last edited by kaivalagi; July 26th, 2009 at 01:16 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi.
    The Conky script is great, but i heard that in Ubuntu 9.10 and later, default song player will be Banshee. So could You add the Banshee support for Conky script? Of course it's not a problem to install Rhythmbox. The script already supports Exaile, but one more player on support list, probably would make it more popular

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by ryniek View Post
    Hi.
    The Conky script is great, but i heard that in Ubuntu 9.10 and later, default song player will be Banshee. So could You add the Banshee support for Conky script? Of course it's not a problem to install Rhythmbox. The script already supports Exaile, but one more player on support list, probably would make it more popular
    I have already added banshee support to my gtk-desktop-info app and I was planning to creating a conkyBanshee script soon, should be available shortly

Keep a look in for a "conkybanshee" package in my ppa, it will definitely be available before any dedicated thread is created

edit: New package, new thread...conkyBanshee details here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1223883
    Last edited by kaivalagi; July 26th, 2009 at 11:33 PM.

Beans

Hello all.

Noob question here...I am using Ubunto 8.10 Intrepid Ibex. I followed the install instructions, but there is no usr/share/conkyRythmbox folder. Where did I go wrong? I have conky installed and running nicely..I just wanted to add this feature to it.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by terrorcore View Post
    Hello all.

Noob question here...I am using Ubunto 8.10 Intrepid Ibex. I followed the install instructions, but there is no usr/share/conkyRythmbox folder. Where did I go wrong? I have conky installed and running nicely..I just wanted to add this feature to it.
    so running the following in a terminal errors? Notice the lower case and first slash

Code:
    ls /usr/share/conkyrhythmbox
    If when you run this:

Code:
    conkyRhythmbox --version
    You get something like this:

Code:
    conkyRhythmbox v.2.0?
    Everything is in place...

Cheers

Beans

When I run that, I get this:

ls: cannot access /usr/share/conkyrhythmbox: No such file or directory

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by terrorcore View Post
    When I run that, I get this:

ls: cannot access /usr/share/conkyrhythmbox: No such file or directory
    Can you run this:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install conkyrhythmbox

Beans

I ran that command, it looked like it worked, but I'm still getting the same error as before.

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast