Thread: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

Threaded View

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by anxiousdog View Post
    I'm using Intrepid now and this script is working, but I keep getting the following in my terminal over and over until I kill Conky. Is there a fix?

Code:
    ERROR: Issue calling the dbus service:org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib.UnmappedError.RbShellPlayerError.Code4: Playback position not available
    ERROR: Issue calling the dbus service:org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib.UnmappedError.RbShellPlayerError.Code4: Playback position not available
    sh: Su: not found
    The "Playback position not available" is a known issue, it happens when the script is half way through determining all the details for a song, and the song changes. I am not sure why the "SU: not found" error is occuring. I assume you are getting conky output for your songs?

If conky is started in a session instead, you wont get bombarded with these error messages...as there is no originating terminal window for the script.

I could remove the error messages altogether, but in doing so will also remove the messages that need to be displayed if there is a real problem.

At some point in the week I'll have a look and see what I can do...
    Last edited by kaivalagi; November 3rd, 2008 at 09:29 AM.