Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: iPhone/iPod Touch music player with linux support!!!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    671
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: iPhone/iPod Touch music player with linux support!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume86 View Post
    PwnPlayer has been released on Cydia, good news for all the linux user!
    Do I have to add a special repo?

    (By the way, if anyone doesn't want to use Beta software (PwnPlayer is Beta 5) but still wants half-decent music playback on their iPhone/iPod Touch, they can install dTunes)
    EDIT: No special repos, I'm installing it now.
    2010 IBM Thinkpad 510, 4GB RAM, i5-540M, NVS 3100M

    Running Ubuntu 11.04

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    946

    Re: iPhone/iPod Touch music player with linux support!!!

    Yeah, but you have to Jailbreak it. I'd rather keep mine legal for now.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Beans
    5

    Re: iPhone/iPod Touch music player with linux support!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by init1 View Post
    Yeah, but you have to Jailbreak it. I'd rather keep mine legal for now.
    Jailbreak is completely reversible if it's what you're afraid of...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    671
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: iPhone/iPod Touch music player with linux support!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume86 View Post
    Jailbreak is completely reversible if it's what you're afraid of...
    ...
    And completely legal.
    Oh, and it's not like you lose the Appstore. The Appstore and all your music and videos are still there.

    EDIT: Right, I like PwnPlayer but I have a few issues:
    A) Being a Linux user, I have to use filesystem playback.
    I was pretty sure I had the music on there already, but PwnPlayer didn't find it, so I put it in /var/mobile/Media/Music
    Now, I have a bunch of tracks from 8bitpeoples, and these don't play at all. I can select one to play and it just skips over all of them.
    It could be due to the unusual naming scheme, but other songs have worse names yet play fine. Can anyone help me on this?

    Note: This happens with dTunes too.
    Last edited by zmjjmz; October 27th, 2008 at 04:19 AM.
    2010 IBM Thinkpad 510, 4GB RAM, i5-540M, NVS 3100M

    Running Ubuntu 11.04

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Morrisville, NY
    Beans
    2,149

    Re: iPhone/iPod Touch music player with linux support!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vadi View Post
    That's nice.

    Next audio player I'm buying will be an iAudio from Cowon, most likely. They advertise Linux support, and their players look great

    Go to http://www.cowonglobal.com/, click on MP3, you'll find that all models do that
    This player looks pretty good. Why are pmp's only coming with FM radios, and not AM?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Beans
    5

    Re: iPhone/iPod Touch music player with linux support!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zmjjmz View Post
    ...
    And completely legal.
    Oh, and it's not like you lose the Appstore. The Appstore and all your music and videos are still there.

    EDIT: Right, I like PwnPlayer but I have a few issues:
    A) Being a Linux user, I have to use filesystem playback.
    I was pretty sure I had the music on there already, but PwnPlayer didn't find it, so I put it in /var/mobile/Media/Music
    Now, I have a bunch of tracks from 8bitpeoples, and these don't play at all. I can select one to play and it just skips over all of them.
    It could be due to the unusual naming scheme, but other songs have worse names yet play fine. Can anyone help me on this?

    Note: This happens with dTunes too.
    First try to rename the files, then try to get the syslog, it's beta there's some special characters problems, but I'm afraid it's something else if it happens for all the album (unusual encodage). The pwnPlayer forum is there: http://forum.pwnplayer.com/ for bug report

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Beans
    671
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: iPhone/iPod Touch music player with linux support!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume86 View Post
    First try to rename the files, then try to get the syslog, it's beta there's some special characters problems, but I'm afraid it's something else if it happens for all the album (unusual encodage). The pwnPlayer forum is there: http://forum.pwnplayer.com/ for bug report
    I'm completely lost as to why these songs don't work, because comparing the Audio/Video properties to songs that do work don't give me anything useful.
    2010 IBM Thinkpad 510, 4GB RAM, i5-540M, NVS 3100M

    Running Ubuntu 11.04

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bama (Roll Tide)
    Beans
    256

    Re: iPhone/iPod Touch music player with linux support!!!

    the only bad thing is that it requires jailbreak. i tried pwnplayer last night and its kinda slow and buggy. hopefully it will get better since its just a beta
    Last edited by myusername; October 27th, 2008 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathangrubb View Post
    Yeah, refrigerators are pretty disappointing
    Quote Originally Posted by nathangrubb View Post
    instant oatmeal killed my wife and children
    Quote Originally Posted by etnlIcarus View Post
    Stop hatin' on the wang, man.
    TWITTER!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Beans
    5

    Re: iPhone/iPod Touch music player with linux support!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zmjjmz View Post
    I'm completely lost as to why these songs don't work, because comparing the Audio/Video properties to songs that do work don't give me anything useful.
    If you can send me a song I can try to find out what's goin on, you got a link to one of the songs?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Beans
    117
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: iPhone/iPod Touch music player with linux support!!!

    Hi Guys

    I am planning to upgrade my ipod 60gb classic to either 120gb classic or the 32gb ipod touch with the latest v2 firmware.

    I did few search on the net, it seems a lot of people is having problem mounting the new firmware ipod under linux, can any of you confirm this?

    Thanks in advance!!!
    "And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free", John 8:32
    "你們必定認識真理,真理必定使你們自由", 約翰福音 8:32

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •