Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: planetmirror down?

Beans

planetmirror down?

I recently installed ubuntu on a G4 ibook ppc. It seems that th repositories are different. I am mising a file (libstdc++.so.5). When I use synaptic or apt I get all kinds of errors about planetmirror.

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    W: Couldn't stat source package list http://public.planetmirror.com breezy/free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/public.planetmirror.com_pub_plf_ubuntu_plf_dists_b reezy_free_binary-powerpc_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
    W: Couldn't stat source package list http://public.planetmirror.com breezy/non-free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/public.planetmirror.com_pub_plf_ubuntu_plf_dists_b reezy_non-free_binary-powerpc_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
    W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.free.fr breezy/free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.free.fr_pub_Distributions%5fLinux_plf_ubuntu_p lf_dists_breezy_free_binary-powerpc_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
    W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.free.fr breezy/non-free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.free.fr_pub_Distributions%5fLinux_plf_ubuntu_p lf_dists_breezy_non-free_binary-powerpc_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
    W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
    E: Couldn't find package libstdc++.so.5

Are these mirrors down and can I edit my sources.list file to fix this? Thank You in advance
    Last edited by majkmil; November 20th, 2005 at 06:10 PM.

Beans

Help! Planetmirror

I posted first is repositories but there is nobody viewing so I hope it isok to post here.
    I recently installed ubuntu on a G4 ibook ppc. It seems that th repositories are different. I am mising a file (libstdc++.so.5). When I use synaptic or apt I get all kinds of errors about planetmirror.

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    W: Couldn't stat source package list http://public.planetmirror.com breezy/free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/public.planetmirror.com_pub_plf_ubuntu_plf_dists_b reezy_free_binary-powerpc_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
    W: Couldn't stat source package list http://public.planetmirror.com breezy/non-free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/public.planetmirror.com_pub_plf_ubuntu_plf_dists_b reezy_non-free_binary-powerpc_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
    W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.free.fr breezy/free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.free.fr_pub_Distributions%5fLinux_plf_ubuntu_p lf_dists_breezy_free_binary-powerpc_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
    W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.free.fr breezy/non-free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.free.fr_pub_Distributions%5fLinux_plf_ubuntu_p lf_dists_breezy_non-free_binary-powerpc_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
    W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
    E: Couldn't find package libstdc++.so.5

Are these mirrors down and can I edit my sources.list file to fix this? Thank You in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Help! Planetmirror

This is a long shot but since i have got the same probs
    like lots of 404 errors and sever acnova no reply my guess
    is it might be the firewall in your router that is blocking traffic.
    Perhaps connecting directly to the internet will do the trick.
    I am gonna try the same thing lets see what it does.
    I am not on a notebook so give me a moment.
    Let you know asap.
    Once you're over the hill
    you're gonna pick up speed

Beans

Thanks let me know. I wonder if there is a port we can open on the router.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by majkmil
    See my sig.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

i think that what you can do download the package directly for the debian website. Check the attachment unzip and install it is the package libstdc++.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by kingsidy
    i think that what you can do download the package directly for the debian website. Check the attachment unzip and install it is the package libstdc++.
    Why go to a Debian site when you get the Ubuntu package?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: planetmirror down?

I tried synaptic but I get the errors there also. Do I install with the dpkg-i command?

Beans

r4ik. did you have any luck bypassing the router. When I tried to install the deb package I got errors about g++-3.3 . Any ideas

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by majkmil
    I tried synaptic but I get the errors there also. Do I install with the dpkg-i command?
    You're getting errors because you probably have a bad sources.list. Follow the instructions in my sig. Then use Synaptic to install it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast