Thread: Podcast catcher

Beans

Podcast catcher

I spent a greater part of today looking for programs to download a list of files from an rss feed (several hundred files). Every program that I have tried so far only displays the first few files in the list. The list has hundreds of files and google reader can access them all. So I don't see why a good program wouldn't be able to do the same. So is there one? (and hopefully something small and light)

thanks
    MS gonna get ya

Beans

Re: Podcast catcher

nobody? There has to be away!
    MS gonna get ya

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Perhaps gpodder will work?

Beans

gpodder looked the most promising but it had the same problem with only fetching the first several files in the list. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or what. I know if I load a feed up with firefox it does the that same thing, only gets the first few files.
    MS gonna get ya

Beans

See for example: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheLinuxActionShow opening that in firefox only goes back to episode season 8 episode 1 same with gpodder. But if I use that same url in google reader it goes all the way to the beginning. I don't get it
    MS gonna get ya

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

That is probably because google reader already has that feed and its older posts archived in its database. The feed itself I think only provides the most recent posts.