Thread: Banshee 1.2.1 -- No video

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Banshee 1.2.1 -- No video

I recently installed Banshee 1.2.1. in Hardy. Playing videos, I can get sound put usually only see a black screen. Occasionally I get the video, but it disappears when I go to full screen and stays gone if I go back to regular mode. These are mostly wmv and flv I am trying to view. They play fine in MPlayer and VLC. Is there an easy solution for the complete idiot other than abandoning Banshee for another media player? Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Wink Re: Banshee 1.2.1 -- No video

Quote Originally Posted by bark50 View Post
    I recently installed Banshee 1.2.1. in Hardy. Playing videos, I can get sound put usually only see a black screen. Occasionally I get the video, but it disappears when I go to full screen and stays gone if I go back to regular mode. These are mostly wmv and flv I am trying to view. They play fine in MPlayer and VLC. Is there an easy solution for the complete idiot other than abandoning Banshee for another media player? Thanks!
    I believe this is because of GStreamer vs XINE. Try switching over to xine instead of gstreamer from synaptic and see if that fixes it. Not entirely sure though....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Wink Re: Banshee 1.2.1 -- No video

Xine didn't do it. I'm still hitting the same problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Banshee 1.2.1 -- No video

I got Banshee's video to work by doing the following:

1.Open up the terminal and type in (without the quotes) “gstreamer-properties”.
    2.A box opens up called “Multimedia Systems Selector.” Click on the video tab.
    3.Where it says “Default Output Plugin:” select "X Window System (No Xv)".

This worked for me. According to a post in the Banshee forum, doing this results in an increased CPU load. (http://www.nabble.com/Audio%2C-no-vi...html#a18120808) However, even before making this change, I noticed enabling Banshee's equalizer caused crackles and stutters in my music collection. I finally just uninstalled Banshee entirely; there are enough good music and video players for my needs that I felt no need to hassle anymore with this player.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

That did it! Thanks a lot.... "X Window System (No Xv)" worked perfectly.

The sound is crackling for you? It's fine here... Are you using the right gstreamer plugins? Check synaptic...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

thanks a lot