Beans

Re: Conky Exaile Python Script

umm. do i need to compile it?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by x0x View Post
    umm. do i need to compile it?
    Nope, just add the line to the bottom of your sources.list and update the app through synaptic/apt-get...

If you need help on that, I suggest you read a little more in the forums...

Beans

i installed exaile with that repos...

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by x0x View Post
    i installed exaile with that repos...
    Does the "$is_running exaile" conky variable now work for you?

Beans

Not sure if this is a conkyExaile problem or not, but I know I'll get a swift and authoritative answer, so here goes...

I just took the plunge and upgraded from Hardy to Intrepid, and am sorting out the requisite bugs, glitches, and snafus...

Running conky 1.6.1 + exaile 0.2.14 + conkyExaile 2.02 (which should be all the most current versions from the repos)... The cE template works just fine, there's just one little hitch: when I'm playing a playlist that's set to repeat, it plays just fine through to the end, but when it cycles back around to the first track, the entire template disappears, and does not reappear until it hits track 2 (or if I force it to a different track).

Got any thoughts? Is there anything I can check?

In other news, now that I'm running the most current versions of everything, I tried the ${if_running exaile} thing again, based on the last few comments in the thread, and it still doesn't work for me.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by akahige View Post
    Not sure if this is a conkyExaile problem or not, but I know I'll get a swift and authoritative answer, so here goes...

I just took the plunge and upgraded from Hardy to Intrepid, and am sorting out the requisite bugs, glitches, and snafus...

Running conky 1.6.1 + exaile 0.2.14 + conkyExaile 2.02 (which should be all the most current versions from the repos)... The cE template works just fine, there's just one little hitch: when I'm playing a playlist that's set to repeat, it plays just fine through to the end, but when it cycles back around to the first track, the entire template disappears, and does not reappear until it hits track 2 (or if I force it to a different track).

Got any thoughts? Is there anything I can check?

In other news, now that I'm running the most current versions of everything, I tried the ${if_running exaile} thing again, based on the last few comments in the thread, and it still doesn't work for me.
    That's a new one on me

Setup the same scenario again, but this time use the --errorlogfile option to log all errors to a file...e.g.

Code:
    ${execp conkyExaile ...original options... --errorlogfile=/tmp/conkyExaile.log}
    Post the log file contents if they seem even slightly relevant

I think it may have something to do with the dbus api hooks in the script getting messed up on looping back to the start of the playlist....maybe....

If I can see the error message, it might help me identify what to do to the script to handle the event

I am using exaile from the dev repo's, this may also cure it? If you want to try that add the dev ppa to the bottom of your /etc/apt/sources.list file and upgrade the install. e.g.

• edit the sources.list file:
      Code:
      gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
    • Add this to the bottom for the file and save
      Code:
      deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/exaile-devel/ubuntu intrepid main
    • run the following to upgrade
      Code:
      sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Hope that helps

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    That's a new one on me

Setup the same scenario again, but this time use the --errorlogfile option to log all errors to a file...e.g.

Code:
    ${execp conkyExaile ...original options... --errorlogfile=/tmp/conkyExaile.log}
    Post the log file contents if they seem even slightly relevant
    Done as requested. No log file was created, so I'm guessing that this occurrence isn't being seen as an error.

I am using exaile from the dev repo's, this may also cure it?
    Doubtful. I'm running that version, too.

Beans
    Hidden!

Done as requested. No log file was created, so I'm guessing that this occurrence isn't being seen as an error.

Doubtful. I'm running that version, too.
    Can you try using the --infologfile option instead, just in case I messed up and am logging text useful to this error as "info"

The trouble with this sort of issue is that it's REALLY hard to reproduce, it is most likely something to do with the timing of data retrieval...

Beans

Can you try using the --infologfile option instead, just in case I messed up and am logging text useful to this error as "info"
    Using infologfile instead of errorlogfile resulted in the template not working at all (except for the progress bar).

Here's the exact line used, in case I'm doing something hideously stupid:
    Code:
    ${execp conkyExaile --template=/home/user/.conkyExaile.template  --statustext=Playing,Paused,Stopped --infologfile=/home/user/conkyExaile.log}

The trouble with this sort of issue is that it's REALLY hard to reproduce, it is most likely something to do with the timing of data retrieval...
    I completely understand. I don't mind doing whatever I can to help get it sorted.

Beans
    Hidden!

Using infologfile instead of errorlogfile resulted in the template not working at all (except for the progress bar).

Here's the exact line used, in case I'm doing something hideously stupid:
    Code:
    ${execp conkyExaile --template=/home/user/.conkyExaile.template  --statustext=Playing,Paused,Stopped --infologfile=/home/user/conkyExaile.log}
    I completely understand. I don't mind doing whatever I can to help get it sorted.
    I'll take a look at the error handling in more detail later on, maybe there is something I can do w.r.t that

Can you live with it for now?

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast