Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Exaile Python Script

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Conky Exaile Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
    Cool.. Ill be here. Yeah, I was just thinking maybe it was something borked on my system specifically, so I was just going to make sure..
    Give this fix a go...let me know how it goes and if all is well I'll try and arrange a new package in the ppa for it...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    Give this fix a go...let me know how it goes and if all is well I'll try and arrange a new package in the ppa for it...
    Hmmm man.. I still have the same error. For that matter, the error is exactly the same if a conkyExaile.py isnt even IN /usr/share/conkyexaile.

What revision number are you running (bzr revno in the folder where you extract from the tarball fetched by bzr)? Im running 3.1b+ rev. 2884. Im attaching my .conkyrc, although I know that will probably not help.

Conky-all installed in repos, and the source from the following link for conky-colors itself:
    http://gnome-look.org/content/show.p...?content=92328
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GSF1200S; March 10th, 2010 at 04:29 PM.
    Stop Trusted Computing! http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
    Asus Rampage 2 Extreme/2.66GHz i7 Quad/6GB DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24/2x Nvidia 9800GTX+
    2x150GB 10krpm HD/2x1TB 7200RPM HD/3ware RAID/
    Xubuntu 11.04/Arch Linux/Gentoo Linux/Fedora

Beans
    Hidden!

Hmmm man.. I still have the same error. For that matter, the error is exactly the same if a conkyExaile.py isnt even IN /usr/share.

What revision number are you running (bzr revno in the folder where you extract from the tarball fetched by bzr)? Im running 3.1b+ rev. 2884. Im attaching my .conkyrc, although I know that will probably not help.

Conky-all installed in repos, and the source from the following link for conky-colors itself:
    http://gnome-look.org/content/show.p...?content=92328
    Are you sure you placed the new file in the right place? /usr/share/conkyexaile/ right?

I am running rev 2660, so not as new as yours. I think you've got either an exaile which all dbus commands have changed for or it's just plain broke w.r.t. dbus right now...I'll try and get a newer version installed...

edit: working for 2885-1 - I asked for 2884 and got this:
    ==> Finished making: exaile-bzr 2885-1 x86_64 (Wed Mar 10 15:34:13 GMT 2010)
    Last edited by kaivalagi; March 10th, 2010 at 04:36 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Are you sure you placed the new file in the right place? /usr/share/conkyexaile/ right?

I am running rev 2660, so not as new as yours. I think you've got either an exaile which all dbus commands have changed for or it's just plain broke w.r.t. dbus right now...I'll try and get a newer version installed...
    Yes, I forgot to add /conkyexaile when I wrote that last post, but I replaced the conkyExaile.py at /usr/share/conkyexaile/conkyExaile.py.

I think I still have the tarball (for exaile rev. 2884) as I just installed it yesterday; Ill check and post it as an attachment if possible. I dont know if they rolled back to 2660 or what. Perhaps you just need to update bzr.

They managed to fix a CPU leak and a crash associated with the lyrics viewer pane in 2884, so thats why Im running it now.. 2660 still had those issues..

**EDIT** Ok, ill try and update to 2885-1. These guys fly on releases- I was just in the #exaile channel with them less than 12 hours ago when they dropped out 2884! Ill post back.
    Asus Rampage 2 Extreme/2.66GHz i7 Quad/6GB DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24/2x Nvidia 9800GTX+

Beans
    Hidden!

Yes, I forgot to add /conkyexaile when I wrote that last post, but I replaced the conkyExaile.py at /usr/share/conkyexaile/conkyExaile.py.

I think I still have the tarball (for exaile rev. 2884) as I just installed it yesterday; Ill check and post it as an attachment if possible. I dont know if they rolled back to 2660 or what. Perhaps you just need to update bzr.

They managed to fix a CPU leak and a crash associated with the lyrics viewer pane in 2884, so thats why Im running it now.. 2660 still had those issues..
    I'm using Arch so bzr based installs for exaile are found in pre made PKGBUILD files which dictate the revision internally. To get 2885 I edited the PKGBUILD before pulling down the source so I got the latest instead.

Still works for me with 2885-1...

Beans
    Distro

edit: working for 2885-1 - I asked for 2884 and got this:
    ==> Finished making: exaile-bzr 2885-1 x86_64 (Wed Mar 10 15:34:13 GMT 2010)
    Well, I bzr checkout lp:exaile and I get rev 2885. Im not exactly sure how you are getting the 2885-1. So, make and make install as root, and Conky still spits out that error in the terminal, with unknown in all fields of conky (relating to exaile). I dont know whats going on- its working for you.. It has to be my system somehow. Any last ideas of things to re-install/reconfigure that could cause this? I really appreciate the help and im sure you got alot of other peoples (potential) issues fixed..

**EDIT** Makes sense. Ill try all this out on Arch once I get around to figuring out whats wrong with my / filesystem (may end up having to reinstall- ext4 has not been good to me so far). Never used bzr with Arch..
    Last edited by GSF1200S; March 10th, 2010 at 04:55 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Well, I bzr checkout lp:exaile and I get rev 2885. Im not exactly sure how you are getting the 2885-1. So, make and make install as root, and Conky still spits out that error in the terminal, with unknown in all fields of conky (relating to exaile). I dont know whats going on- its working for you.. It has to be my system somehow. Any last ideas of things to re-install/reconfigure that could cause this? I really appreciate the help and im sure you got alot of other peoples (potential) issues fixed..

**EDIT** Makes sense. Ill try all this out on Arch once I get around to figuring out whats wrong with my / filesystem (may end up having to reinstall- ext4 has not been good to me so far). Never used bzr with Arch..
    Lose all other OS's and stick with Arch alone, you know it makes sense!
    The install is from the AUR so you need a tool not available in the core repos, either yaourt/packer/bauerbill will do it. TO install you would run "yaourt -S exaile-bzr" for example, then when prompted for PKGBUILD edit choice yes, and change the revision value towards to top of the file, then continue the install

Another option is to install d-feet and see what is there for dbus, this tool lets you see what dbus services are up on your system and you can explore them too. The attached screenshot if what I see when looking at dbus for exaile (2885). It would be interesting to see what happens if you invoke a method from that tool rather than through the script...try IsPlaying and GetRating as they are simple method calls without the need for input.

btw, the 1 from 2885-1 is an internal release number, nothing to do with the revision of the bzr branch

I wont release a script until I know it atleast works for one other person first I want to see this working as much as you do
    I'm happy to help, I am currently unemployed so don't have too much on for now...still looking for the next contract
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kaivalagi; March 10th, 2010 at 05:26 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Lose all other OS's and stick with Arch alone, you know it makes sense!
    The install is from the AUR so you need a tool not available in the core repos, either yaourt/packer/bauerbill will do it. TO install you would run "yaourt -S exaile-bzr" for example, then when prompted for PKGBUILD edit choice yes, and change the revision value towards to top of the file, then continue the install

Another option is to install d-feet and see what is there for dbus, this tool lets you see what dbus services are up on your system and you can explore them too. The attached screenshot if what I see when looking at dbus for exaile (2885). It would be interesting to see what happens if you invoke a method from that tool rather than through the script...try IsPlaying and GetRating as they are simple method calls without the need for input.

btw, the 1 from 2885-1 is an internal release number, nothing to do with the revision of the bzr branch

I wont release a script until I know it atleast works for one other person first I want to see this working as much as you do
    I think we have stepped past my level of understanding, haha. I grabbed D-Feet and took a screenie of exailes portion. I double clicked on GetTrackAttr, but I dont have any idea what to use for parameters. I did just hit execute and got back:
    Code:
    'More items found in D-Bus signature than in Python arguments'
    Ive attached a screenie of the D-Feet window for comparison, but to me it looks pretty much the same as yours. Im stumped..

**EDIT** Yeah, I need to get back to Arch. Been a few weeks now, but as a college student going through midterms I dont really have the time to go through filesystem surgery (nor the expertise honestly). Granted, I have spent X hours messing with conky, so I suppose I should get my priorities straight. I need to stick with ext3 or maybe jfs and just reinstall..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GSF1200S; March 10th, 2010 at 05:33 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

I think we have stepped past my level of understanding, haha. I grabbed D-Feet and took a screenie of exailes portion. I double clicked on GetTrackAttr, but I dont have any idea what to use for parameters. I did just hit execute and got back:
    Code:
    'More items found in D-Bus signature than in Python arguments'
    Ive attached a screenie of the D-Feet window for comparison, but to me it looks pretty much the same as yours. Im stumped..

**EDIT** Yeah, I need to get back to Arch. Been a few weeks now, but as a college student going through midterms I dont really have the time to go through filesystem surgery (nor the expertise honestly). Granted, I have spent X hours messing with conky, so I suppose I should get my priorities straight. I need to stick with ext3 or maybe jfs and just reinstall..
    Trust me, you might spend more time upfront getting Arch running how you'd like, but once there the rolling releases take away any nasty rubbish every 6 months...that's reason I left Ubuntu, too many bad things happen when the big 6 monthly update comes along. As a developer I really need newer versions so can't stay where I am but can't justify the crap I used to go through every 6 months...

You would pick the trackattr function, it needs parameters Try double clicking on IsPlaying and GetRating, just click execute with anything else input and you should see something come back in the bottom part of the dialog which makes sense...the fact that we can access the dbus service through d-feet is a good thing though.

I'll get you debugging the script next so we can really find out what is wrong

Beans
    Distro

Trust me, you might spend more time upfront getting Arch running how you'd like, but once there the rolling releases take away any nasty rubbish every 6 months...that's reason I left Ubuntu, too many bad things happen when the big 6 monthly update comes along. As a developer I really need newer versions so can't stay where I am but can't justify the crap I used to go through every 6 months...

You would pick the trackattr function, it needs parameters Try double clicking on IsPlaying and GetRating, just click execute with anything else input and you should see something come back in the bottom part of the dialog which makes sense...the fact that we can access the dbus service through d-feet is a good thing though.

I'll get you debugging the script next so we can really find out what is wrong
    Alright, lets get to it. I did get dbus output for progress and percent complete, etc.. (IsPlaying returned a 0 for some reason though). I know that Exaile is fine with dbus- Its communicating with Pidgin just fine (just found that out).

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast