I just installed a second SCSI drive in my Mythbuntu machine and thought I set it up correctly. It was working and I wrote 2 GB (that I knew I could lose) to the drive. I was copying those files off to an external drive and the computer locked up and had to have the plug pulled. Now when I restarted it, I get the error:

Cannot mount volume

Unable to mount the volume

Details

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. In some cases useful info is found in syslog -try dmesg | tail or so
Failed to mount "1T volume"

Failed to determine the mount point for /dev/sdb1
Is this some type of root permission issue since I am only a user logging in? When I type sudo mount -t jfs /dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1 into the terminal I get the same error as above:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.
In some cases useful info is found in syslog -try
dmesg | tail or so
I'm not sure if I setup my /etc/fstab file correctly though. I added this manually:

#/dev/sdb1
UUID= /mnt/sdb1 jfs defaults 0 0
I'm not sure if I need to give it a UUID, or find it's UUID, or have it enter it automatically or something...

dmesg | tail doesn't have anything useful (ip6 router can't be found NFSD grace period, AGP stuff), and it can't find the syslog command.

Did I kill this drive or something? What else can I try to get it working? What advice do you have to set it up so this can't happen again and just works?

Thanks!