Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Linux driver for EasyCap USB2.0 Video Adapter DC60

Beans

Re: Linux driver for EasyCap USB2.0 Video Adapter DC60

When I select easycap_alsa I get a display:

Code:
    This sound device does not have any controls.
    and when I then hit F4 nothing at all happens. On closing alsamixer and running ./testPAL.sh I get perfect video and sound.

Mike

Beans

go to Drivers:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/easycapdc60/ for drivers and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl_DTRh2h2Q for Linux EasyCAP Tutorial

Beans

has anyone mentioned what to do if your usb id is not the "408" ?

my easycap dc60 usb id is:

Bus 001 Device 010: ID 1b71:3002

the driver installs fine but it says it only works if your hardware has 408 in the usb id... (mine doesn't)

what do you do if you have a DIFFERENT usb ID?

Beans

Hi,

I'm sorry to say that I am unaware of any Linux driver for the EasyCAP with USB ID 1b71:3002.

If anybody knows of a suitable driver in existence or in development, it would be nice to hear about it, either on this forum or over at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/easy.../topic/4692009

Mike

Beans

How do i install the driver for easycap, i'm fairly new to all this. I have extracted the download and now have the easycap folder on my desktop but im stuck on how to go to that directory

Beans

For the EasyCAP USB ID 05e1:0408, people using the recently released Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) do not need to download the SourceForge driver at all. In Ubuntu 11.10 the kernel (3.0.0-12 or thereabouts) has an easycap driver which works out of the box. To test it, plug in the EasyCAP, open a terminal window (Unity users click on the topmost Ubuntu icon and type "terminal" in the search box) and try the command:

Code:
    mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:norm=PAL_BGHIN:outfmt=uyvy:device=/dev/video1:input=0:buffersize=16:noaudio -hardframedrop -vo xv
    If this doesn't work, replace the string "/dev/video1" by "/dev/video0" or something similar - the required digit depends on what other video-capture hardware is present on the computer. On my laptop, this command brings up a window within which smooth video is displayed, but there is (intentionally) no sound.

To test the audio capability, try the command

Code:
    mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:norm=PAL_BGHIN:outfmt=uyvy:device=/dev/video1:input=0:buffersize=16:alsa:amode=1:forcechan=2:audiorate=48000:adevice=plughw.2,0:forceaudio:immediatemode=0 -hardframedrop -vo xv -ao alsa
    The string "plughw.2,0" here may well need to be replaced by "plughw.1,0" or something similar, depending on what audio hardware is present. On my test machine the command

Code:
    ls -l /proc/asound
    generates output containing the line

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 2011-10-15 16:00 EasyALSA1 -> card2

which means, I think, that the string "plughw.2,0" is right for me, but it certainly won't be right for everybody.

In fact, I could not get the sound working on my computer. Nothing was audible, and moreover the video was extremely jerky, with many dropped frames, when I used the second mplayer command above. I can't offer any suggestions as to how to fix this. It might be a trivial problem, it might not.

Mike

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've been trying to get the easyCAP to work, but I don't know how to apply the two patches- what commands would I need to run in order for them to apply the patch to the files? A response would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

"... Nothing was audible, and moreover the video was extremely jerky, with many dropped frames, when I used the second mplayer command above. I can't offer any suggestions as to how to fix this. It might be a trivial problem, it might not...."

Mike[/QUOTE]

I have this problem, too... How to fix it?
    hi, visit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi all, would anyone be able to enlighten me on how one would go about getting the driver working in Lucid 10.4 desktop 64bit (kernel 32.34) for an EasyCAP002, with four CVBS inputs and microphone input. The USB ID is 05e1:0408 and the manufacturer is Syntek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. given the driver has been withdrawn from sourceforge now?
    I'd rather not upgrade my home server from 10.4LTS, as everything else works pretty well as is.
    Is there now a package I can download to get this working?
    Would like to use with Zoneminder, just for home use.
    Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Hi I have an Easycap DC+ (the one with the Empia 2861 chip). Running kubuntu 11.10 on a dell 630m laptop. I got it to convert a load of VHS footage. Whilst being aware that it was only really intended by the makers for this to work on Windows I thought it was worth a shot.

Some months of fiddling later I am very nearly there. I have been unable to get audio working on this card at all. To me, that's trivial as I can simply by-pass the card with a 2xRCA into 3.5mm jack cable into the Mic socket and the audio works fine. If I use a composite connection within VLC I simply open the capture device, select video mode 1, press play and the video is there. With S video connection it's even easier as S video is option 0 so you don't need to set the video mode.

Recording is a different matter entirely. The video streams flawlessly. However, (I think) because of my computers limited resources I cannot use VLCs convert/save option as the result is awful. Using the default (avi) set by VLCs record button the files are huge (30 Gb for 25 minutes of footage) and are always broken (seeking). VLC plays them fine. However I try to convert them, they are always then messed up, in particular the audio. It's either out of synch or missing altogether. I have been unable to get any help from the VLC forum on (for example) getting VLC to split the footage into more manageable pieces (as smaller test recordings don't have this problem) so I assume it can't be done.

With Kdenlive the situation is rather more odd. Carefully ensuring the card's settings match those of the project, and substituting "/dev/video0" with "///dev/video0" (which is the VLC description of the card) I can "play" the streaming video in the clip monitor, However, hitting the record button either freezes the video or produces a black window with "invalid" going across it. Anything recorded contains sound but no video.

My sons offer of his Windows 7 laptop with Sony Vegas on it to do my project is looking rather attractive right now, but before I give up on this entirely and reluctantly take him up on it, I would appreciate any ideas you may have.
    Last edited by ianmillington; December 20th, 2011 at 02:43 PM.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast