Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux driver for EasyCap USB2.0 Video Adapter DC60

Beans

Re: Linux driver for EasyCap USB2.0 Video Adapter DC60

I'm the very last person on earth who should be attempting a comment on this, because I've never played a video game in my life (seriously), but here goes.

If you are in the US you need to run

./test.sh 5

to get NTSC (at 640x480). If you are in Europe I believe you may need PAL_60:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917304

If PAL_60 is what you want you will need to adapt the commands in the script ./test.sh by replacing the parts which say "norm=PAL" by "norm=PAL_60".

I've already sufficiently revealed my ignorance, so I'll say nothing about Nintendo Wii

Mike

Beans

running ubuntu 10.04 as of today all updates are installed. have a epson v300 scanner installed and working. (oem drivers)

Tried to install the drivers for the synaptic dc60 drivers.

the chipsets are the same.

downloaded the easycap_dc60.0.8.2

unzipped into /home/user3 subdirectory

rebuilt the mplayer as described in step 2

did step 3 did not complete due to errors. no file in /etc/ subdirectory.

help would like to use this dongle without loading windoz.

Beans

no vmware wont work as the root sytem called linux does not recognize the device. good thought though. hey even a newbie might know something.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I bought an unbranded device from e-bay and it looks like teh easycap one, has the same ID, and works following these instructions. Now to find out how to duplicate the driver for each channel, link them, and drive it via zoneminder....

Thank You, and Mike Thomas

Beans

The current version 0.8.2 of the easycapdc60 driver does not play properly with zoneminder when multiple video sources are in use. I'm working to rectify this as a matter of urgency, but progress is rather slow because an unrelated project is taking up almost all my time at the moment. I hope to be able to upload a zoneminder-capable version 0.8.3 of the driver in a week or so, but can't promise - there are a couple of outstanding problems with the low-level register programming which I don't yet know the answer to.

Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks Mike.

As a quicky, the videocams that I am using are ancient, and work best using your test.sh with the device fixed as NTSC-M (7). Any quick help how to get the command line (198 ) there to display in colour and not B&W?

Beans

Running ./test.sh 7 specifies S-VIDEO as the input and NTSC_M as the standard. Are your cameras really NTSC with S-VIDEO output only? If so, this is the first feedback I've had on the part of the driver which processes S-VIDEO. I have been unable to test this myself because I do not possess any equipment which delivers S-VIDEO output. If you are not seeing any colour it may mean that there is a programming error in the driver which I must attend to. You should not need to change the mplayer command line to get colour - it should be there by default.

There's good news on ZoneMinder. I've fixed the problem with the register programming and I'm now getting two video inputs working well together in ZoneMinder at just over 1 frame-per-second. I'm at the stage of tidying up the source code (removing things I tried but didn't work), and will then move on to running my usual panel of tests to check that I haven't impaired any existing functionality in introducing the ZoneMinder capability. I'll then upload version 0.8.3, probably sometime next week.

Mike

Beans

Hmm, just realised you meant ./test4.sh 7 and not ./test.sh 7. So all my ramblings about S-VIDEO are off target. The question then remains: are your cameras really NTSC? And does ./test4.sh 6 (NTSC_443) not give any colour either?

Mike

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rmt1947 View Post
    I've fixed the problem with the register programming and I'm now getting two video inputs working well together in ZoneMinder at just over 1 frame-per-second.
    Is that the sort of framerate to expect long-term or is it likely to improve? What sort of framerate does the EasyCap offer in zoneminder with a single active input?

FYI: I'm planning to setup a cheap zoneminder arrangement to watch what the cat gets up to while I'm not around, initially with one camera but adding a second or third later if it works out well, and 1 frame a second might not be enough. I'm trying to decide between a cheap EasyCap and the more expensive BT878-based PCI card that the zoneminder site refers to.

Beans

Thanks for this driver Mike !

Quote Originally Posted by qpmz123 View Post
    Is that the sort of framerate to expect long-term or is it likely to improve? What sort of framerate does the EasyCap offer in zoneminder with a single active input?
    Use motion like me, im waiting the zoneminder support and motion works fine.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast