Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Songs are on the iPod but won't show up...

Beans

Songs are on the iPod but won't show up...

I was wondering if anyone could help me out... I've been trying to be able to manage my music on my iPod Touch with gtkPod and everything seemed to be going fine except once I was done adding the songs I wanted, I ejected my iPod and went to go check it out and there wasn't any music on it... I mounted my iPod back up and then browsed it rather than opening it with gtkPod again. I searched and found that in iPod:/iTunes_Control/Music there are about 13 folder labeled F00, F01, F02, etc... And in these folder were my music, however, my music still doesn't show up when I go to listen to it on my iPod.... Anyone have any ideas?

btw, I'm running Ubuntu 8.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Songs are on the iPod but won't show up...

if you unplugged the ipod without doing an unmount of the device first, then the database file didn't get written to it and now it doesn't know where the files are, even though the files exist. try using gtkpod again and get it to write the database file again (maybe add or remove 1 song to get it to re-write the database file).

Beans

This sounds like it might be your problem, there is a fix for it:
    http://ipodminusitunes.blogspot.com/...ts-us-off.html

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by timcredible View Post
    if you unplugged the ipod without doing an unmount of the device first, then the database file didn't get written to it and now it doesn't know where the files are, even though the files exist. try using gtkpod again and get it to write the database file again (maybe add or remove 1 song to get it to re-write the database file).
    *slaps forehead* I think this might have been the problem. I ejected it from gtkpod, but I don't remember putting in the unmount command.... I'll try copying the songs over again and try using the command this time and see how that goes

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Beans

I tried putting the songs back on the ipod and making sure to use the unmount command, but the songs still won't show up....

Beans

The database corruption problem of the iPod is the reason why I will never recommend that POS to anyone. Why it cannot just list the files without needing a gawddamn database is beyond me.

Anyhoo, that being said, gtkpod does have the ability to rebuild the database. I cannot remember anything about it, but I have done that on occasion for a friend with an iPod. Soooooo, have a careful look through the gtkpod menus and things - the solution is in there Sculley...

Cheers,

Herman

Beans

Thanks Herman, I looked and there was an option under the File menu to Check iPod Files. It's still processing but the songs are now popping up in gtkpod.... Looks like this might work

Beans

Nope, no luck... Still doesn't see the songs....

Beans

Rhythmbox has always worked flawlessly for me. Try that out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thumbs down Re: Songs are on the iPod but won't show up...

That sounds like a problem I had with amarok. See if maybe this helps.

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Media_Dev...show_any_music

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast