I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
    E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 2 Ivl=255ms

T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#= 4 Spd=12 MxCh= 0
    D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
    P: Vendor=06e0 ProdID=0319 Rev= 1.01
    S: Manufacturer=Texas Instruments
    S: Product=TUSB3410 Serial Port
    C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=100mA
    I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
    E: Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms

Using linux debian etch, kernel 2.6.18-4-686.

I tried anything but when connect Multitech Multimodem ZBA no drivers was found.

I compiled driver from source on CD (tried also that fron site). Initially no usb-serial.h was found in kernel source (resolved - taken from 2-6-24 kernel source), then many error in ti_usb_3410_5052.c and .h was found, files included in source on CD (resolved - taken that from 2.6.18 kernel source).

ti_usb drivers (module) be present on debian etch, but does not work, so i deleted it and subst with new compiled, i rebooted, but nothing works, always (none) instead of driver !!!

Can you help me ? I must install an hylafax machine with debian and many modem.

As an alternative for the future, can some tell us a modem at low cost compatible with cdc acm that can be installed without all this troubles !

Thak you very much.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: TUSB3410 driver - lots of troubles

I recommend that when compiling kernel models such as these that you not download individual header files from different versions of the kernel.

Instead install the kernel-headers deb package as well as the build-deps for the kernel.

All of this isn't the simplest way of installing a driver however. You might find it less of a trouble to get a modem that doesn't cause these problems.
    42 is not an anwser, it's an error code. the universe is saying 'Error 42: meaning to universe not found'
    Programmer, Teacher and Artist

Beans

Unfortunately debian etch linux-source-2.6.18 and header 2.6.18 does not contain usb-serial.h !?! I look for a solution very hard but I can't find that. So i solved picking that header file from 2.6.24 headers.

I know... using different hardware avoid me many troubles, but there is not lots of lists of USB modem working with distros/version/kernel (debian/etch/2.6.18 in this case) without problems. furthermore many vendor change chip in their products without evidence of that. I bought some modem from same vendor that changes communication chip: one working well, other with driver sell apart, ....

For the moment my solution is to employ serial-usb converters at low cost coupled with serial modem. I found lot of serial-usb converters working well.

If I can solve problem with serial-usb converter used by MultimodemZBA however, I can use this piece of hardware I bought.

Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If usb-serial.h is not available in your kernel version then you should upgrade your entire kernel to 2.6.24 not just one file. how you think that this one file will work ok when a header file references an object library binary which will also not be available at run time. Very Bad.

So upgrade kernel and then recompile against new kernel.
    42 is not an anwser, it's an error code. the universe is saying 'Error 42: meaning to universe not found'
    Programmer, Teacher and Artist