Thread: compiling from source

Beans

compiling from source

im building vlc 0.9.2 from source. this is the first time ive compiled and ran into some problems, well not really problems but inconveniences. i keep on having to manually install packages that i already have except they are the -dev version to get ./configure to work. is there a way to get all of the dependencies updated fast that i do not know about?

Beans

Re: compiling from source

Quote Originally Posted by adult swim View Post
    im building vlc 0.9.2 from source. this is the first time ive compiled and ran into some problems, well not really problems but inconveniences. i keep on having to manually install packages that i already have except they are the -dev version to get ./configure to work. is there a way to get all of the dependencies updated fast that i do not know about?
    I tried compiling vlc 0.9.2 on Hardy a week ago. I failed. I installed all dependencies. I don't remember the exact details but there is a circular dependency so I couldn't install two dependencies at the sime time. I also tried the deb file from here but it also fails.

I suggest you wait for intrepid, we are almost there.

Beans

i finally got it to compile on intrepid. for some reason it wouldnt recognize my libavutil-dev but i flagged that out of the ./configure and it worked.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by adult swim View Post
    i finally got it to compile on intrepid.
    I thought you had hardy. I guess even the deb file I linked works in intrepid. Anyway, have fun.