Thread: problem getting wifi working

Beans

Question problem getting wifi working

i have a intel PRO wireless adapter 3945ABG i have the windows wireless driver package installed on ubuntu, and i have found what i think is the driver needed, w39n51.inf and the folder and files holding it named "Drivers" i can install the driver with the program in ubuntu, it finds the hardware, and immediately locks the computer up and my caps lock light keeps blinking, i can hold FUNCTION and f2 that usually turns off my laptops wifi card as i bot up, and thus turn it off, and the system boots up perfectly fine, until i try to turn it on again. i even went to the intel site for my drivers and i got the same driver set. and im dual booting windows and i have already unchecked the option in power management that allows windows to turn off my wifi card, and still nothing.

more so i have an aircard that i would prefer to use, its the 595u aircard thru sprint, and i need a way to install its drivers and programs, unless theres an alternative of some kind?

im very green on linux, this is the first time ive ever installed it let alone used it or even looked at a linux desktop, any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: problem getting wifi working

First How are you installing the windows drivers in Linux?

Have a read here http://linuxtechie.wordpress.com/200...-ubuntu-hardy/
    "Everything that can be invented has been invented." -- Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899
    Ubuntu user #24001

Beans

Re: problem getting wifi working

He is using Nidwrapper (I think) to do that.
    You Rock and You Rule!
    Fedora 15
    Ubuntu SC Team Leader