Thread: ATI Radeon 9200 Pro doesn't work

Beans

ATI Radeon 9200 Pro doesn't work

I've installed many computers with Ubuntu, my Nvidia 8800GT was detected and enabled, my mate's newer ATI card was also detected but i've instaleld Ubuntu on a friends computer who has an old ATI Radeon 9200 and it doesn't work. I've looked at the FAQ and wiki but haven't got it working..
    So if anyone knows how to get it working, give me a shout. I wil lbe trying again today.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: ATI Radeon 9200 Pro doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by davidw89 View Post
    I've installed many computers with Ubuntu, my Nvidia 8800GT was detected and enabled, my mate's newer ATI card was also detected but i've instaleld Ubuntu on a friends computer who has an old ATI Radeon 9200 and it doesn't work. I've looked at the FAQ and wiki but haven't got it working..
    So if anyone knows how to get it working, give me a shout. I wil lbe trying again today.
    Hi and could you explain how it is not working? Do you mean the desktop effects do not work? The drivers that are installed with Hardy should work with the ati card.

Beans

The hardware is not automatically detected (in Hardware Drivers), unlike Nvidia card (my 8800gt) which is automatically detected.

Beans
    Distro

The hardware is not automatically detected (in Hardware Drivers), unlike Nvidia card (my 8800gt) which is automatically detected.
    Hi and yes, ATI no longer supports any card older than the 9600 but the drivers that come with hardy should support the ATI 9200.

Beans

Na it isn't supported otherwise it wuld be in he hardware device info..

Beans
    Distro

Na it isn't supported otherwise it wuld be in he hardware device info..
    Hi and I believe that there is a miscommunication here.
    That is what I mean by the drivers installed with hardy will support the ati card older then the 9600 models. The drivers will not be listed in the hardware drivers. You may look here for some additional info
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=764633