Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: La Vida- The Sims For Linux

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Smile La Vida- The Sims For Linux

Introducing La Vida, The simulation game for Linux! Recently it seems like people want a port of the sims for Linux, or a sims like game for Linux so I made the La Vida Project simply aimed at creating an open source/ free simulation game. Let me know what you think. Since I have no programing sills what so ever I can't code but I figured maybe we could make a great game! Visit http://lavida.synthasite.com/ for more info. Also if you created/ know of a game like this please let me know in the comments below.
    Last edited by schmindy; September 14th, 2008 at 07:38 PM.
    2. If I had a nickel for every time someone said "in these troubled times" I'd be rich

Beans
    Distro

Post Re: La Vida- The Sims For Linux

bump...
    2. If I had a nickel for every time someone said "in these troubled times" I'd be rich

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: La Vida- The Sims For Linux

Yeah that is a good idea, but I am guessing, that it would take a few years for something like this. The Sims wasn't built overnight, and I am pretty sure The Sims is copyrighted and definitely not open source. I don't mean to be a party crasher, I would really love to see the Sims come to Linux. But it will definitely take some time.

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: La Vida- The Sims For Linux

Yes it will take some time, and yes the website is empty but hopefully it will be full soon. Plus I'm not talking about a direct port, maybe add a couple new features

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Lemme put it this way, No one is going to waste 15 seconds of time until you at least get a list of features and some planning done. Until then your 100% on your own. 15 lines of HTML is not nearly enough.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bios Element View Post
    Lemme put it this way, No one is going to waste 15 seconds of time until you at least get a list of features and some planning done. Until then your 100% on your own. 15 lines of HTML is not nearly enough.
    Looks like there was some CSS in there too

On the other hand, it's honestly a good idea. I would play it. Heck, if my programming wasn't so bad, I would help.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by schmindy View Post
    Introducing La Vida, The simulation game for Linux! Recently it seems like people want a port of the sims for Linux, or a sims like game for Linux so I made the La Vida Project simply aimed at creating an open source/ free simulation game. Let me know what you think. Since I have no programing sills what so ever I can't code but I figured maybe we could make a great game! Visit http://lavida.synthasite.com/ for more info. Also if you created/ know of a game like this please let me know in the comments below.
    Not a lot happening at your website (yet)
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I love it how people think that they can just clap and people will apear to create their every whim.

get a scetchbook and start drawing ideas, avoid creating an exact sims cloan. then head over to the programming section, learn to program. grab Blender, learn to model/texture/animate, make a simple demo then people *may* take you siriusly.
    im dyslexic, please don't comment on my spelling
    blender 3d artist, visit my portfolio
    Quad-Ren, Open source, resolution independent 2D graphics engine
    Screen space is a precious resource, don't waste it

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: La Vida- The Sims For Linux

Hey just an idea. If you don't like it don't help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast