Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990

Thread: La Vida- The Sims For Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Exclamation Re: La Vida- The Sims For Linux

Hi All!

Good news! The project is going to take a few turns and twists so that we can get things back on a roll.

The first thing I want to mention is that for support reasons I'm switching the development language from Python, (which is awesome), to Unity3d so that we can support as many platforms as possible including Linux.

The second is that I've spent the contributions from the last campaign in getting some concept art and logo design done as well as involving a 3d artist so that we can start and generate some awesome content.

We're preparing to run a campaign on kickstarter.com but that is a few months away so for the time being if you would like to keep up to date with regular posts and demo videos please go to our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/La-Vida/165050630296998 where you'll be able to see all our progress as we move towards getting funding.

We will be posting at least twice a week if not more to show things as they happen so please come over!

Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Smile Re: La Vida- The Sims For Linux

Changing to Unity3D is a wise choice Mike!

In a matter of a couple of weeks I managed to make a small first-person shooter, that's how easy it is to use. Not to mention it supports Blender's .blend format off the bat.

I'm glad you're still working on this, good going with the Facebook page too!

All the best

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by myromance123 View Post
    Changing to Unity3D is a wise choice Mike!

In a matter of a couple of weeks I managed to make a small first-person shooter, that's how easy it is to use. Not to mention it supports Blender's .blend format off the bat.

I'm glad you're still working on this, good going with the Facebook page too!

All the best
    Well I resisted the idea for a long time as I wanted to stay with Python. But, that wasn't happening as the 3d libraries arent easy to support across all platforms so Unity3d won in the end.

Also, if you visit the facebook page please click the like button and help spread the word!

Cheers

Mike

Beans

Re: La Vida- The Sims For Linux

Great to hear all Is going great

Beans

Hey Mickey, best of luck with the campaign.

I am a bit disappointed you're dropping the open source aspect, but since you're the main guy who's pushing this forward and doing all the work, it's completely your call and I wish you the best!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Sofox View Post
    Hey Mickey, best of luck with the campaign.

I am a bit disappointed you're dropping the open source aspect, but since you're the main guy who's pushing this forward and doing all the work, it's completely your call and I wish you the best!
    Ah! but will I?

To be honest I would like to earn a living whilst developing the game but there's nothing to say I wont opensource later. A bit like Id did with doom and quake.

Plus, for the time being there are mostly people who want to play the game on linux and not so many looking to program, hence the choice of Unity3d as I can develop by myself on that platform while there arent many people looking to help develop the game.

So releasing the source doesn't seem to be the main concern for the project right now, and if enough people want it I may well do so.

I suppose it all depends on the level of support the game gets from the linux community when its time to for the kickstarter. If the community shows support then it will have a game to play first then later some code to extend and learn from

Lets see what happens

Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi All

Here a little update on the project!

We've more or less reached the same level of functionality that we reach with the old code and now have a couple of demo video out!

Details can be found on our FB page http://www.facebook.com/pages/La-Vida/165050630296998

Dont forget to click the like button to support our project and you'll get updates as soon as we post them!

Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Wow, I've always wanted a Sims like game for Linux! And the demo videos look really great! The logo is nifty, too, of course.

Is there a page available to see what features etc etc it will have, or is aiming for that I can read?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Well we're getting around to that and it should be there in a few weeks, in the meantime click the like button and you'll be updated as soon as new information is posted!

Thanks for the support!

Mike

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeysofine1972 View Post
    Hi All

Here a little update on the project!

We've more or less reached the same level of functionality that we reach with the old code and now have a couple of demo video out!

Details can be found on our FB page http://www.facebook.com/pages/La-Vida/165050630296998

Dont forget to click the like button to support our project and you'll get updates as soon as we post them!

Mike

That's fantastic!

Great to see you're making progress.

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990