Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: La Vida- The Sims For Linux

Beans

Re: La Vida- The Sims For Linux

Might I suggest the ability to integrate with OpenCity for creating custom neighbourhoods?

If you need any help in the field of music composition, writing, general ideas, or testing, I'd be glad to help. Otherwise, I'm just gonna sit back and watch.
    Last edited by Cleveland Rock; August 17th, 2009 at 06:41 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Rock View Post
    Might I suggest the ability to integrate with OpenCity for creating custom neighbourhoods?

If you need any help in the field of music composition, writing, general ideas, or testing, I'd be glad to help. Otherwise, I'm just gonna sit back and watch.
    Cool, I'm getting the source code now.

Also, any music or even sound effects you can contribute would be very helpful.

Infact, if anyone can help in generating content in th eform of music, sound, models or animating the models or textures or even behaviours you are most welcome !

Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Ok time for an update!

I have found a few models that will be great for the game so I've included them in the zip ( http://www.mikehibbert.me.uk/xakh/ )

I'm glad to say that now every object is rendered using VBO and is now way faster!

Also, now I'm finished messing with rendering I really need someone to help with animating the avatars, any takers?

Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Bumping for a status update request.

How's it goin?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Well so far we have slowed as we need content contributions:

Models with animations
    Music / sounds

Unless we get those we are stuffed

Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I am a song writer, so if you need music, let me know what you're looking for and I'm sure I can help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by lexen View Post
    I am a song writer, so if you need music, let me know what you're looking for and I'm sure I can help.
    Kewl!

We need a few varied styles like elevator type music, rock, pop, rap sounding, (but no direct lyrics like in the sims where they speak a weird language which sound like they could be words)

Any help in any of the areas I mentioned would be fantastic and also if your a python programmer you could help out too.

Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Are we looking for menu music, or the music that they play on the sims radio? I could do some of those songs by taking my existing music and adding mumbles to it, or maybe removing the lyrics all together. You can check out my music at unseenirony.com. We are going to have more professional recordings in the future. If there is a song that you like, let me know and I'll do it first, though I won't be able to get anything done today.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by lexen View Post
    Are we looking for menu music, or the music that they play on the sims radio? I could do some of those songs by taking my existing music and adding mumbles to it, or maybe removing the lyrics all together. You can check out my music at unseenirony.com. We are going to have more professional recordings in the future. If there is a song that you like, let me know and I'll do it first, though I won't be able to get anything done today.
    Nice!

Diet Starts tomorrow has a very nice feel to it so I would like to use that as the main menu music if you can put 'simlish' in that would be very cool!

Mike

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Make a list of what models and animations you need and I'll do what I can. I'm trained to use propietery software with 3d animations such as Max and Cinema 4d. Two years of bryce and also is well with 2d vector animation. I'm still learning about blender and K3D but I wouldn't mind helping.
    This has to be the most amazing signature you've ever read, its deep, complex, and full of awesomeness.

Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast