Thread: No Sound

Beans

No Sound

Actually, I could have posted this message on the German Board, but because that is sending a 500 Error "Internal Server Error" I am forced to post if here, as well as on the main board.

My problem is, that Ubuntu (Studio) does not have sound. That is not a usuall occurrenance, but happened only today for the first time, prior to this I seemed to work fine.

What is it, that causes Sound to be active once and not working another time? Please don't tell me I had turned off the speakers or something like this - I may not be british, but I am also not an Idiot 8)

I use a Soundblast Audigy SZ2 Soundcard with Labtec Speakers. Again, this problem occurred after the sound initially worked fine.

Thanks in Advance,

meikel14

Beans

Re: No Sound

I don't know if it the same problem, but I find that pulseaudio causes problems with my sound.
    (I think it possibly conflicts with flash players... you either get flash playing sound or your standard applications such as totem??)

If I just end it, I get my sound back (by using system monitor or I guess a # killall pulseaudio would work)