Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: installation of e17 from SVN code

Beans

Re: HOWTO: installation of e17 from SVN code

Quote Originally Posted by ubuuntu9897 View Post
    It works now thanks guys
    but i see not to have any programs to go with it form enlightment compared to genome or kde i guess. I happy with it hough still can use the old apps so im okay
    Glad to know you get work!

Please note that i tried to reduce the e applications to the minimum to avoid stability issues (as you may imagine, apps done for libs/environment with api code not frozen may suffer extra instability as the base code evolves).
    You can install extra apps anytime by editing the conf file at /etc/easy_e17.conf

All other applications can of course be installed with apt/synaptic.

Beans

Thanks a lot for the work done. Worked very nice..

Is there a list with the state of the different modules right now. I would like to add some to the installation, can't find uptodate info on their stability though

Thanks again

Beans

Before the installation, My disk had 2.2 GB space left. But after install & remove, now it only has 1.8 GB space left. Although I deleted /var/cache/e17_src.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nemlah View Post
    Thanks a lot for the work done. Worked very nice..

Is there a list with the state of the different modules right now. I would like to add some to the installation, can't find uptodate info on their stability though

Thanks again
    Hi nemlah, glad you like it

I'm not sure but i think by modules you mean other e17 apps (eapps like some call it) and not the modules itself...
    anyway, unfortunately there's no place with such a list, at leaste that i know.
    You can try e17 mail lists i think... and you can check this thread, i usually put info when thinks broken (the ones installed by e17-svn usually get fixes in a few hours...) and cafelinux forum it's another place very e17 focus, me or Aubrey usually put alerts on code breakage.

You can check whats going on code here:
    http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/browser (browse trunk)

Anyway, remember that it's all installed in /opt/e17 so it's very easy to either clean as make backups.
    If you are interested you can try oz-e17-tools that have a nice e17 backup tool.

hope that helps somehow...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBo View Post
    Before the installation, My disk had 2.2 GB space left. But after install & remove, now it only has 1.8 GB space left. Although I deleted /var/cache/e17_src.
    Yes, that's normal. Source code it's big (looks even bigger on SVN), around 0.5G with easy_17.sh version of e17-svn.
    Original morlenxus version gives you the full trunk source with more ~250M.

If you want you can remove it. And update only after some large periods of time (1, 2 months)...
    Or maybe save/compress code tree, on /var/cache/e17_src, to a pen or external disc...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Thanks Rui!

I have updated the related OzOS "How to" HERE and tested it on a clean 32bit install of Xubuntu 8.04.1. Everything went as expected except for an error installing the b_and_w theme right at the end of the build - apparently the ~/.e/e/themes directory had not been created first (it was there at the end of the install, but empty). This is a very minor "bug" and I'm pretty sure the next time I update e17 it will install correctly.

Your backup and update scripts make this a "bullet-proof" but still bleeding edge e17 install!
    Aubrey
    Make a difference with Kiva microloans.
    My (new) Arduino and Ubuntu Blog

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tux Aubrey View Post
    Thanks Rui!

I have updated the related OzOS "How to" HERE and tested it on a clean 32bit install of Xubuntu 8.04.1. Everything went as expected except for an error installing the b_and_w theme right at the end of the build - apparently the ~/.e/e/themes directory had not been created first (it was there at the end of the install, but empty). This is a very minor "bug" and I'm pretty sure the next time I update e17 it will install correctly.

Your backup and update scripts make this a "bullet-proof" but still bleeding edge e17 install!
    I had the same problem, looked into it, its a stray line in the easy e17 script... it removes the source files directory for b_and_w just before it tries to compile...

Beans

hi!
    Im using the original easy_e17 script version 1.20 and i cant compile eyesight for some reason, i taught someone here might be able to help,

error in script...
    Code:
    - eyesight ................... ERROR!      
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------- Last loglines ------------------------------
    gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../..  -I../.. -I../../src -I../../src/bin -DPACKAGE=\"eyesight\" -DPACKAGE_DATA_DIR=\"/opt/e17/share/eyesight\" -DPACKAGE_PLUGIN_DIR=\"/opt/e17/lib/eyesight/plugins\" -DLOCALEDIR=\"/opt/e17/share/locale\" -Wall -Werror -g -I/opt/e17/include -I/opt/e17/include/efreet   -I/opt/e17/include   -MT error.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/error.Tpo -c -o error.o error.c
    cc1: warnings being treated as errors
    error.c: In function ‘append_startup_error’:
    error.c:17: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘malloc’
    error.c:17: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘malloc’
    error.c: In function ‘append_startup_error2’:
    error.c:28: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘malloc’
    error.c: In function ‘display_startup_error_dialog’:
    error.c:54: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘calloc’
    error.c:54: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘calloc’
    cc1: warnings being treated as errors
    main.c: In function ‘main’:make[3]: 
    *** [error.o] Error 1
    main.c:27: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘setlocale’
    main.c:27: error: ‘LC_ALL’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    main.c:27: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    main.c:27: error: for each function it appears in.)
    make[3]: *** [main.o] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/elliot/e17_src/PROTO/eyesight/src/bin'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/elliot/e17_src/PROTO/eyesight/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/elliot/e17_src/PROTO/eyesight'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-> Get more informations by checking the log file '/tmp/easy_e17/install_logs/eyesight.log'!
    gonna try clearing my system of e17 and reinstall...

NOTE: ignoring errors isnt an option, and nor is skipping packages...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I had the same problem, looked into it, its a stray line in the easy e17 script... it removes the source files directory for b_and_w just before it tries to compile...
    Great! Thanks for the info - I'll pass it on to Rui.

Others (and me) are also reporting errors when we try to do an update - but these seem to be on svn rather than in the scripts. The errors are "fatal" to the update but don't cause problems with a good install.
    Aubrey
    Make a difference with Kiva microloans.
    My (new) Arduino and Ubuntu Blog

Beans

I am running into a problem with the install. It seems to be a problem with dpkg, and now I can't install anything via comline.

I get an error that there's a 404 error when updating sources.
    Code:
     sudo dpkg --configure -a
    Setting up e17-svn (0.9.4) ...

--------------------------- Easy_e17.sh 1.2.0.4-OzOS ---------------------------
      Developers:      Brian 'morlenxus' Miculcy
                       David 'onefang' Seikel
      Contributors:    Tim 'amon' Zebulla
                       Daniel G. '_ke' Siegel
                       Stefan 'slax' Langner
                       Massimiliano 'Massi' Calamelli
                       Thomas 'thomasg' Gstaedtner
                       Roberto 'rex' Sigalotti

----------------------------- Current Configuration ----------------------------
      Install path:    /opt/e17
      Source path:     /var/cache/e17_src
      Source url:      http://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/trunk
      Logs path:       /tmp/easy_e17/install_logs

Packages:        eet evas ecore efreet embryo edje epsilon esmart emotion etk etk_extra ewl exml enhance e_dbus e entrance edje_editor edje_viewer elicit elitaire emphasis empower emprint ephoto estickies exhibit expedite exquisite extrackt e_phys enthrall rage alarm bling calendar cpu deskshow efm_nav efm_path emu execwatch flame forecasts iiirk language mail mem moon mpdule net news notification penguins photo rain screenshot slideshow snow taskbar tclock tiling uptime weather winselector wlan b_and_w
      Skipping:        esmart enhance exml imlib2 edb scrot edje_editor edje_viewer emotion entrance eclair evfs evolve elicit elitaire emphasis empower engycad entrance_edit_gui entropy ephoto estickies expedite exquisite extrackt engage enthrall rage emu flame moon news penguins rain snow language photo efm_path efm_nav e_phys execwatch mpdule notification 

Script action:   install

-------------------------------- Build phase 1/3 -------------------------------
    - running some basic system checks
    - source checkout/update

------------------------------- Basic system checks ----------------------------
    - creating script dirs ....... ok
    - 'automake' available ....... ok
    - 'gcc' available ............ ok
    - 'make' available ........... ok
    - 'svn' available ............ ok
    - build-user ................. root
    - adding path to env ......... ok
    - checking lib-path in ldc ... ok (/etc/ld.so.conf.d/e17.conf)
    - setting compile options .... ok

----------------------------- Source checkout/update ---------------------------
    - updating sources (please wait, this won't output much) ...
    Checking eet source ... svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/e/!svn/vcc/default'
    svn: REPORT of '/svn/e/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (http://svn.enlightenment.org)
    Any ideas? It makes me run dpkg --configure -a whenever I want to install anything.

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast