View Poll Results: How do you prefer to use the Enlightenment WM? (A Multiple Choice e Poll)

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Via the distro/s of my choice (other then the e distros listed below).

26 39.39%
  • Via OzOS.

11 16.67%
  • Via Maryan Linux.

2 3.03%
  • Via OpenGEU.

7 10.61%
  • Via Elive.

8 12.12%
  • Via Yellow Dog Linux.

1 1.52%
  • Via BSDanywhere.

2 3.03%
  • Via the Enlightenment LiveCD (based on OpenSUSE-11.0).

4 6.06%
  • I have never used the Enlightenment WM but plan to try the above selected.

9 13.64%
  • I have tried Enlightenment but prefer another Desktop Environment/WM . Please List.

21 31.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you prefer to use the Enlightenment WM? (A Multiple Choice e Poll)

Beans
    Hidden!

Arrow How do you prefer to use the Enlightenment WM? (A Multiple Choice e Poll)

I thought this would be a great time for a fun & hopefully informative poll for the Community Cafe:

How do you prefer to use the Enlightenment WM?

I use Enlightenment WM via the distro/s of my choice (other then the e distros listed below).

Via OzOS.

Via Maryan Linux.

Via OpenGEU.

Via Elive.

Via Yellow Dog Linux.

Via BSDanywhere .

Via the Enlightenment LiveCD (based on OpenSUSE-11.0).

I have never used the Enlightenment WM but plan to try one of the above selected.

I have tried Enlightenment but prefer another Desktop Environment/WM (KDE, XFCE, IceWM, Fluxbox, Rat Poison, Gnome, other)

Also, For all Enlightenment WM Users I have found a great Enlightenment Users Social Network!

Quote:

This is a Social Network for Enlightenment Users, Testers, Developers, and their friends. Enrollment is Open to all.
    http://enlightenmentusers.ning.com/

Take a look and join up if you want to, seems like a great Open Source Social Network to join up with.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png e.png (29.3 KB, 286 views)
    Last edited by enlightenment now; September 11th, 2008 at 07:52 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: How do you prefer to use the Enlightenment WM? (A Multiple Choice e Poll)

It's interesting that there are only three Enlightenment Users on all of Ubuntu Forums, or only three that voted in this poll?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I've used Enlightenment with OzOS and Elive briefly, for a long time I preferred Xfce, but now I mostly use Gnome.

Beans

it's very pretty and fast, but i find it too annoying to use.

Beans
    Hidden!

I've tried - and liked - e16, e17 with Redhat/Fedora, Ubuntu and OpenGeu but always had stability issues. The OzOs looks interesting though, I'll have to give it a try.

Beans

I love E17. I prefer it on Arch, but I also liked it when I used it on OzOS and Maryan Linux.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans

I prefer to NOT use the Enlightenment WM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Interesting to see the new results after a bit more participation:

Of the people who do use the Enlightenment WM the majority like to use it in the Distro of their choice:

Via the distro/s of my choice (other then the e distros listed below). 5 out of 25
    Then for the people who like to use an Elightenment based Distro, this tied with:

Via OzOS. 4 out of 25

&

Via OpenGEU. 4 out of 25
    Not surprisingly (in a Gnome based forum) the majority choose to not use Enlightenment:

I have tried Enlightenment but prefer another Desktop Environment/WM. 11 out of 25
    Another interesting note for all the Gnome lovers, OzOS has a minimalistic Gnome-Desktop-Package so OzOS is actually a more efficient Gnome Desktop then plain vanilla Ubuntu. So if you like Gnome and you like efficiency then you may want to give OzOS a spin and install the Gnome-Desktop-Package. If you like Gnome your going to love OzOS on Gnome.

Polls are always fun and entertaining and a tiny bit informative.

Beans

I tried it, I think it is very pretty and sleek, but I use a wm xmonad that is the opposite. I don't see anything when I use it and focus on usability.

I keep up with OzOS because I am an advocate of Linux and I like how it looks and think it is a good way to wow people and other's may want to use it.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by enlightenment now View Post
    Interesting to see the new results after a bit more participation:

Of the people who do use the Enlightenment WM the majority like to use it in the Distro of their choice:

Quote:
    Via the distro/s of my choice (other then the e distros listed below). 5 out of 25
    Then for the people who like to use an Elightenment based Distro, this tied with:

Quote:
    Via OzOS. 4 out of 25

&

Quote:
    Via OpenGEU. 4 out of 25
    Not surprisingly (in a Gnome based forum) the majority choose to not use Enlightenment:

Quote:
    I have tried Enlightenment but prefer another Desktop Environment/WM. 11 out of 25
    Another interesting note for all the Gnome lovers, OzOS has a minimalistic Gnome-Desktop-Package so OzOS is actually a more efficient Gnome Desktop then plain vanilla Ubuntu. So if you like Gnome and you like efficiency then you may want to give OzOS a spin and install the Gnome-Desktop-Package. If you like Gnome your going to love OzOS on Gnome.

Polls are always fun and entertaining and a tiny bit informative.
    It appears that a introspective update is in order:

Of the people who do use the Enlightenment WM the majority like to use it via OzOS:
    Via OzOS. 20.69%
    followed by people who use the Enlightenment WM in the Distro of their choice:

Via the distro/s of my choice 17.24%
    Respectively.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast