View Poll Results: Which folder icon do you want in Mac4Lin v1.0?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Beans

Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Thanks for that, MedellinManDem. I ran a locate on my system and came up with this:
    :~$ locate audio-volume-high.svg
    /home/peng/awn-extras/awn-applets/awn-extras-applets/src/volume-control/Themes/Black/audio-volume-high.svg
    /home/peng/awn-extras/awn-applets/awn-extras-applets/src/volume-control/Themes/Tango/audio-volume-high.svg
    /usr/share/icons/Neu/scalable/status/audio-volume-high.svg
    /usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/status/audio-volume-high.svg
    @Ani:
    The path you're looking for is /usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/status. I'm showing four svg icons in that directory: audio-volume-high.svg, audio-volume-low.svg, audio-volume-medium.svg, audio-volume-muteed.svg
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans

After doing some searching on the issue I found this thread, and it turns out to be an issue when using any compositor (something I confirmed by switching to xcompmgr and using my volume control keys). I'm not even sure if we can fix it within Mac4Lin since it seems to be a compositor issue. Which sucks because it's pretty fugly right now.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

No thats not the one. The icon looks exactly like the Mac4Lin pack except that its white in color (maybe thats why you cannot notice the distortion).
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Beans

Ubuntu Tweak 0.4.5 is supposed to be able to change the Main Menu icon, but when I tried it with the RC(2) themes this morning the icon didn't change. I filed bug #332142 Ubuntu Tweak 0.4.5 cannot change the Main Menu icon on third-party themes against UTweak, but it may be an issue about how we store our icons.

ETA: I just stumbled across a Guifications theme for Pidgin that y'all may want to try out: OSX Theme. It's only dependency is the Guifications plugin for Pidgin, and you install it by extracting it to ~/.purple/guifications/themes and them select the theme in the Guifications config window.
    Last edited by DJ_Peng; February 20th, 2009 at 06:04 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Yeah thats a compiz issue and I'm not sure if I can do something in Mac4Lin. Regarding the Pidgin theme, thats a very old theme which is not used in ichat or adium now. Hence I didn't include that and instead Mac4Lin pack now includes the latest adium icons.

Meanwhile, I'm busy setting up SVN for mac4lin at sf.net with the help of Duncun so that everybody can check out the latest version. I'll let you all know when its uploaded.
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by infra_red_dude View Post
    Meanwhile, I'm busy setting up SVN for mac4lin at sf.net with the help of Duncun so that everybody can check out the latest version. I'll let you all know when its uploaded.
    ^ ^ Now THIS is exciting!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by infra_red_dude View Post
    Yeah thats a compiz issue and I'm not sure if I can do something in Mac4Lin. Regarding the Pidgin theme, thats a very old theme which is not used in ichat or adium now. Hence I didn't include that and instead Mac4Lin pack now includes the latest adium icons.
    So neither ichat nor adium has any popup notifications? That's what the theme changes, the Guification "toaster" popups. Although you're right, that theme is pretty old. Might it be worthwhile to try to get it updated?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I dunno why but I could never get GUIfication work. Does is work for you or anyone here? I'm curious as to what it does!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Is there any way, currently, that I can change the dark grey cololur in GTK apps to look like the lighter grey colour in QT apps? I'm running Xubuntu Intrepid, FWIW. I just much prefer the lighter colour and contrast of this (Ktorrent):

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.p...6&d=1234612864

to this (Openoffice):

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.p...7&d=1234612864

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I'm sorry I don't get your question. Which grey do you want to change?

Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast