View Poll Results: Which folder icon do you want in Mac4Lin v1.0?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Thank you for creating Mac4Lin.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by spandanj View Post
    again,

PLEASE infra_red_dude, I will be disappointed if you do not make mac4lin less grey....please.

take a look - http://www.computerworld.com/action/...&pageNumber=23

- the secondary space is less GREY than main toolbar.

also, DO take a LOOK at the rest of the screenshots!

I really, really hope that the next release is way Better than one we have. there are so many improvements to be made.

thanks. you are awesome.
    Not to be a thread crapper but he's doing all of this for free man. So if you want to see some change why don't you get with him and contribute. Giving him suggestions is one thing but basically demanding he change it is going to get you nowhere.

Beans

Thanks, reddevil. If you hadn't posted that I would have had to come up with an even nicer way of saying it.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

again,

PLEASE infra_red_dude, I will be disappointed if you do not make mac4lin less grey....please.

take a look - http://www.computerworld.com/action/...&pageNumber=23

- the secondary space is less GREY than main toolbar.

also, DO take a LOOK at the rest of the screenshots!

I really, really hope that the next release is way Better than one we have. there are so many improvements to be made.

thanks. you are awesome.
    I'd like to add a couple of things here. Because of the way GTK and GNOME are built, it is not possible to haf that kind of setup. There are only 2 distinctions here - The metacity theme (which is only the titlebar) and the rest. Leopard is built differently. Here you can haf the same shade for the titlebar as well as the toolbar while hafing a different setup for the rest of the window.

If I make the "secondary" space less gray, then except the titlebar everything else would be white; in which case it will be the same as any of the Mac OS X Tiger themes (which are in plenty).

I hope you get my point.

more screenshots for you: http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9043898

sadly, they are not full resolution. but, not bad.

also, can you please mac4lin theme less grey...take a look at 2 screenshots I have attached. I like the white version. it's easy on the eyes, and easy to skim over.
    To clarify this: The "less gray" window you see (with the dock on the side) is actually not an active window but an inactive one. If you select that window, the it'll be as gray as Leopard is.

And BTW, I use a MacBook Pro. So if anybody is in need to Leopard Screenshots you can ask me

Quote Originally Posted by alex.rayu View Post
    Thank you for creating Mac4Lin.
    I'm glad you like Mac4Lin. I appreciate your post

Quote Originally Posted by reddevil2064 View Post
    Not to be a thread crapper but he's doing all of this for free man. So if you want to see some change why don't you get with him and contribute. Giving him suggestions is one thing but basically demanding he change it is going to get you nowhere.
    I'd second that! Not that I must be paid or something for my work! hehe... but the fact that anybody is free to join me in making Mac4Lin better. I've always invited people to join in. DJ Peng and Dr.P haf been helping me a lot and one thing I wish to add is that if it weren't for them 1.0 RC would've still been in development!

I get a lot of mails everyday to modify Mac4Lin in a certain way. I would love to do that given I haf sufficient time. But thats the whole problem! Since I'm short of time, I decided to develop Mac4Lin based on certain reference. And that reference is Mac OS X Leopard. I try to make Mac4Lin as close as possible. Individual users may haf certain preferences. From a developer's PoV, it is very difficult for me to customize Mac4Lin as per everybody's liking hence I chose the reference. But if anybody requests me to change certain things in Mac4Lin I never fail to reply them with the procedure to follow to make those changes; so that end of the day everybody's happy and gets to learn something new

Feel free to mail me. I will do whatever I can to help you customize Mac4Lin to your liking
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hi guys, another fan here. Excellent work on Mac4Lin1.0RC, I've been installing it today. As a long time KDE user, I did not expect Gnome to feel this intuitive so quickly.

I'm using Ubuntu Intrepid. Just too quick questions:

1) I ran into the 'gtk theme engine is not installed' thingy when selecting the Mac4Lin aqua theme. A few posts back it says not to worry about it, but some applications (Synaptic, for example) have these 'old fashioned' window decorations, just like Gnome right out of the box. Is this because these applications are written for an old version of metacity/gtk/whatever, or is the theme not working properly? (Might be a silly question, but I'm a Gnome newbie).

2) Is there any way to remove the white font 'shading' in the window title? It's plain GTK/Metacity (not Emerald/Compiz)?
    You appear to have moved your mouse. Vista needs to be restarted for the changes to take effect.

Beans

There's a known glitch in theme files, Crakie. They've been fixed for the next RC but in the meantime you can go ahead and ignore the message. Not sure about the shading in the window title.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Crakie View Post
    Hi guys, another fan here. Excellent work on Mac4Lin1.0RC, I've been installing it today.
    Thank you

1) I ran into the 'gtk theme engine is not installed' thingy when selecting the Mac4Lin aqua theme. A few posts back it says not to worry about it
    Correct!

... but some applications (Synaptic, for example) have these 'old fashioned' window decorations, just like Gnome right out of the box. Is this because these applications are written for an old version of metacity/gtk/whatever, or is the theme not working properly?
    The two are unrelated. This happens because Synaptic runs in admin mode (notice that this happens with every app which asks for the root password). This happens so coz these apps run under root mode. To fix this, if you can login as root, then set the root's themes to Mac4Lin. A second fix is to simply create links for /root/.thems and /root/.icons to the folders ~/.themes, ~/.icons (meaning linking root's themes and icons folders to the ones in your home folder).

2) Is there any way to remove the white font 'shading' in the window title? It's plain GTK/Metacity (not Emerald/Compiz)?
    You need to edit the metacity-1.xml (~/.themes/<Mac4Liin theme>/metacity folder) and change the active window title text color field to whatever you like
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Beans

is it possible to move the min,max and close buttons to the right side of the title bar?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    amd 4-core cpu,dual geforce gts 450 in sli mode, 8 gigs of ram. / on 80 ssd drive, home on a 1tb sata drive, 4 tb sata drives for storage

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

^^^ Plz download the updated Documentation available at Mac4Lin sourceforge.net website. You will find the procedure to do it, in there.

Beans

infra's right. I made a point of making sure there were instructions in the docs for people who wanted the default Ubuntu/Win traffic lights (max/min/close buttons) rather than the OSX locations.

While I'm here let me upload my mods to the GTK themes. Please only grab the MacMenu versions if you use the GlobalMenu hack. You should be able to drag and drop these theme files and have them update the theme, or you can replace the files you downloaded from our SourceForge site with these and run the install script again (although I'm not sure how recommended that is).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast