View Poll Results: Which folder icon do you want in Mac4Lin v1.0?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Beans

Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ajeetraj View Post
    yeah the theme you gave for firefox it works and it looks ok but when i click on the menu, the text on the menu or the highlighted text disappears.
    Yeah, that happens to me too, maybe it's related to the Firefox theme (I don't know how to edit themes, but I guess there should be a line in the code where it says the colour when you click on the menu).

DJ_Peng: I just checked out the pdf, looks like it's OK, I'd tell you to add it right now to the 1.0 RC pack so you get to update the pack there at Sourceforge, as it's still the same old one from a couple months ago.

By the way, take this as an off-topic question, I'm just curious, why did you jump from 0.4 to 1.0? Seeing all the problems that arise at least on Ubuntu's new version, I guess that a couple 0.x versions would have been good, leaving the 1.0 for some day in the near future... I don't mean to be harsh or rude on this, not at all, I'm a mac4lin fan, but the "1.0" number gives the idea of something already finished... and to tell you the truth, versions 0.3 and 0.4 worked just fine, any of them could have been 1.0; this 1.0 has got so many problems but not because of itself, just because of so many changes on Intrepid...

Anyways, guys, you've got my full support, anything I can do to help, I'll do. Thank you very much for all your work.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ajeetraj View Post
    yeah the theme you gave for firefox it works and it looks ok but when i click on the menu, the text on the menu or the highlighted text disappears.

thanks for the reply!
    I'm running DrP's updated theme right now (with the OSX-style scrollbar buttons at the bottom) and the issue has been fixed. He still has some things to tweak, and once he does he'll make them available, but what he's posted is working fine to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Linc View Post
    Yeah, that happens to me too, maybe it's related to the Firefox theme (I don't know how to edit themes, but I guess there should be a line in the code where it says the colour when you click on the menu).

DJ_Peng: I just checked out the pdf, looks like it's OK, I'd tell you to add it right now to the 1.0 RC pack so you get to update the pack there at Sourceforge, as it's still the same old one from a couple months ago.

By the way, take this as an off-topic question, I'm just curious, why did you jump from 0.4 to 1.0? Seeing all the problems that arise at least on Ubuntu's new version, I guess that a couple 0.x versions would have been good, leaving the 1.0 for some day in the near future... I don't mean to be harsh or rude on this, not at all, I'm a mac4lin fan, but the "1.0" number gives the idea of something already finished... and to tell you the truth, versions 0.3 and 0.4 worked just fine, any of them could have been 1.0; this 1.0 has got so many problems but not because of itself, just because of so many changes on Intrepid...

Anyways, guys, you've got my full support, anything I can do to help, I'll do. Thank you very much for all your work.
    We're working on getting me the upload rights to do that very thing, but sf is being stubborn, which is why I posted it myself on my blog. Trust me, we're working on it.

We jumped to 1.0 because at the time infra started on the update there was very little he could do to add to the pack, other than tweaking some things. Unfortunately none of us knew the issues 8.10 would throw at us sooner. I usually upgrade about a month before the release date but I was working on the docs and I didn't want to have some screenshots in one version of Ubuntu and some in another. (That reminds me, I need to see which screenies need to get updated for Intrepid.) Infra and I were talking about possibly pushing out 1.0 for Hardy and making the Intrepid-compatible version a dot upgrade. We had a user on our sf forums point out what got missed that borked the theme in Hardy and were able to fix it, which is why we're putting out 1.0 for everyone.

Speaking of including everyone, Mac4Lin 1.0 seems to work fine in both GNOME and Xfce. We wanted to make it available to KDE users as well, but nobody answered our call for help to get it KDE-compatible. If anyone wants to help us port Mac4Lin 1.0 to KDE 4 please let infra or I know. We really want everyone to be able to run Mac4Lin, no matter which version of Linux they're running.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans

Quick question for everyone: I noticed that the Firefox themes that DrP has edited for us aren't set for use in Thunderbird. Does anyone know of a Thunderbird theme for Mac4Lin?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    We're working on getting me the upload rights to do that very thing, but sf is being stubborn, which is why I posted it myself on my blog. Trust me, we're working on it.
    I'm absolutely clueless what the problem with rights is! Anyways, I've uploaded the documentation on the downloads page at sf.net. Here is the link: https://sourceforge.net/project/show...ease_id=625515

We jumped to 1.0 because at the time infra started on the update there was very little he could do to add to the pack, other than tweaking some things. Unfortunately none of us knew the issues 8.10 would throw at us sooner. I usually upgrade about a month before the release date but I was working on the docs and I didn't want to have some screenshots in one version of Ubuntu and some in another. (That reminds me, I need to see which screenies need to get updated for Intrepid.) Infra and I were talking about possibly pushing out 1.0 for Hardy and making the Intrepid-compatible version a dot upgrade. We had a user on our sf forums point out what got missed that borked the theme in Hardy and were able to fix it, which is why we're putting out 1.0 for everyone.
    Thanks for answering that for me, Hardin

Speaking of including everyone, Mac4Lin 1.0 seems to work fine in both GNOME and Xfce. We wanted to make it available to KDE users as well, but nobody answered our call for help to get it KDE-compatible. If anyone wants to help us port Mac4Lin 1.0 to KDE 4 please let infra or I know. We really want everyone to be able to run Mac4Lin, no matter which version of Linux they're running.
    The doors are still open!
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quick question for everyone: I noticed that the Firefox themes that DrP has edited for us aren't set for use in Thunderbird. Does anyone know of a Thunderbird theme for Mac4Lin?
    Hey, the pack I sent originally had the Mac4Lin Thunderbird theme!!
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Beans

yup, F11 and F12. . .

i'm using version 1

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by infra_red_dude View Post
    Hey, the pack I sent originally had the Mac4Lin Thunderbird theme!!
    I thought so! Has someone checked the updated themes in Thunderbird? I'm looking at the install.rdf for what we included and it doesn't mention working in Thunderbird. I know Thunderbird needs components that Firefox doesn't and I haven't fired up Tb to check it since I migrated to Evo for my email/RSS needs. I'd hate to get 1.0 released with a theme that supposedly works in Tb only to hear that it doesn't quite work as advertised.

Beans

Hi,

just want to say a few of my thoughts...

Leopard has been here for months now. ie. Mac os Leopard. However, not ONE-single theme for gnome has completely emulated Leopard's look. Different themes - Mac4lin, leopardish, aurora-leopard - have different things that are better than in other themes. eg. I like the "depth" look of buttons in Leopardish, I like the pull-down menu colors in mac4lin. I like how Leopardish works well the global-menu. I like leopardish's metacity theme.

The point is: Not a Single theme is the ultimate at copying Leopard's look. Sadly, it's not because it impossible to do so since each theme has achieved some aspect better than the other. I don't know why it is. But, its been months, and I am still out there Looking for a better leopard theme everyday when the best one could be compiled today if only different leopard themes were to work together and make ONE!!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by spandanj View Post
    Hi,

The point is: Not a Single theme is the ultimate at copying Leopard's look. Sadly, it's not because it impossible to do so since each theme has achieved some aspect better than the other. I don't know why it is. But, its been months, and I am still out there Looking for a better leopard theme everyday when the best one could be compiled today if only different leopard themes were to work together and make ONE!!!!
    please take a look at the following images attached for comparisons of what I like in one is missing in other...and its not merely what "i like"....leoparish has the more-similar-to-real-mac" aqua stuff....while mac4lin is just too grey, and FLAT (no sense of depth or depression)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

how hard is it to copy "looks"????? Nothing is impossible. Considering all the mac themes out there:

leopardish
    mac4lin
    auroroa leopard
    glow leopard

...consider these and many more, it is totally possible to come up with one theme to look exactly like leopard! Who will do it?

for Leopard screenshots: http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...rd_screens.asp

Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast