View Poll Results: Which folder icon do you want in Mac4Lin v1.0?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Beans

Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Not a prob on the delay. The time I thought I had got reduced between a roomie getting out of the hospital and finding several issues that need to be addressed in Intrepid beyond Mac4Lin.

Do we want to release 1.0 for Hardy and then push out a dot release for Intrepid once we get things straightened out? We could call it snagging a page from the Firefox 3 playbook.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

^^^ Thats a good idea. But lets see how much can we finish and how fast! I'm collecting the AWN guides and will mail you links in a while.
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Guys, we haf a poll. Plz vote for the folder icons. The decision would be taken based on the votes.
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Beans

Crap! I meant to vote for the current and in my coffee-reduced state I clicked for the OSX version rather than the current.

@infra_red_dude:
    I need to do a blog post about my first thoughts on Intrepid today but after that I can make the docs a priority again. I can have them done by the end of Tuesday if I can get the links, etc. today. I know there's a quick way to import it into Scribus and have the additional pages created as needed but I have to look that up again. Other than that the docs are pretty much just lacking the links and updated thanks before I can create a PDF with links that go to the page in question from the contents page. That should make things much easier for our users to find specific things.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by infra_red_dude View Post
    Mac4Lin is back!

This is the version 1.0 Release Candidate. Some components are still under development. Currently the shell script is not able to set the GDM theme, cursor theme, sounds, emerald theme. They need to be manually set.

Also components like Firefox3, Thunderbird theme, awn theme/plugins etc. are still under development. The Mozilla themes may not be stable. Hence use the non-core components of Mac4Lin at your own risk. Documentation is still in the pipeline. I decided to release the RC anyway so that patrons can start using it and update to the stable version when development is complete.

Whats new: Mac4Lin v1.0 RC - 9th September, 2008

New! Automated Installer in the form of a shell script
    New GDM theme
    Supports the newest version of GNOME and Xfce
    New Mozilla themes specifically built for Mac4Lin
    Adium style AWN status icons for Pidgin
    Mac style scrollbars, menus
    Other tweaks in GTK theme
    Adium sounds for Pidgin
    New usplash

Keeping up the tradition I'm including the download stats. SF.net alone has served about 10.4TB as on today! I'm also happy to announce that Mac4Lin was one of the winners of FOSS Awards 2008.

Instructions:

Download the Mac4Lin_v1.0_RC.tar.gz archive to any folder. Extract the archive and run Mac4Lin_Install_v1.0_RC.sh file.

For any suggestions/comments/complaints/feedback/bug tracking please drop by my blog or send a mail:

My Blog: http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com/
    My E-Mail id: infra_red_dude<A.T>users<D.O.T>sourceforge<D.O.T>n et
    Project Website: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac4lin

PS: The old thread at: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=555373 was shifted over to the archive section. Hence this new thread.
    i would never use this global menu looks gay scroll bar is sometimes too big application icons look crap this is just my point of view

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by EnGorDiaz View Post
    i would never use this global menu looks gay scroll bar is sometimes too big application icons look crap this is just my point of view
    and also the script doesnt fully work

Beans

Global Menu is still a work in progress as far as I can tell (and I get updates on it daily). Either way some will love it, some will hate it, just like with Mac4Lin. I'm glad infra's given the option of using M4L with Global Menu instead of making the two projects mutually exclusive.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    @infra_red_dude:
    I need to do a blog post about my first thoughts on Intrepid today but after that I can make the docs a priority again. I can have them done by the end of Tuesday if I can get the links, etc. today. I know there's a quick way to import it into Scribus and have the additional pages created as needed but I have to look that up again. Other than that the docs are pretty much just lacking the links and updated thanks before I can create a PDF with links that go to the page in question from the contents page. That should make things much easier for our users to find specific things.
    Mail me about whatever you need.

Quote Originally Posted by EnGorDiaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    Global Menu is still a work in progress as far as I can tell (and I get updates on it daily). Either way some will love it, some will hate it, just like with Mac4Lin. I'm glad infra's given the option of using M4L with Global Menu instead of making the two projects mutually exclusive.
    With GNU/Linux everyone has a choice

Beans

great job! BUT, i think the new tabs are awful!!, please restore that tabs from Mac4Lin 0.4 , they were perfect, also Distributor Logo.. the one, ubuntu, from Mac4Lin 0.4 was better than that new Gnome foot.

also there is a minor problem with scrollbar in firefox on my system

for me, now, new 1.0 RC has only one advantage over 0.4 , colorful selection in menus, old 0.4 has a one-colour, bit grayish, a bit blue , for selection, the new one is great. but, as i told, window tabs are awful, so no i'm switching back to 0.4 and wait for any change, please

edit: fusion-icon , BAD too, old one, blue is way better

someone can tell me how to set that nice selection color-gradient in v0.4 without switching whole gtk theme to 1.0 ?
    Last edited by yanaek; October 27th, 2008 at 07:41 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by yanaek View Post
    great job! BUT, i think the new tabs are awful!!, please restore that tabs from Mac4Lin 0.4 , they were perfect, also Distributor Logo.. the one, ubuntu, from Mac4Lin 0.4 was better than that new Gnome foot.
    You can put in whatever icon you like for the distributor logo. The reason why it was switched from Ubuntu logo to GNOME was because people using Mac4Lin are on various distros and wanted the logo to be independent of distro.

You can place the logo in the folder ~/.icons/<Mac4Lin folder>/scalable/places. Find and replace all the GNOME foot icons with the one you like.

also there is a minor problem with scrollbar in firefox on my system
    Yes, its a known issue. We are working on it.

for me, now, new 1.0 RC has only one advantage over 0.4 , colorful selection in menus, old 0.4 has a one-colour, bit grayish, a bit blue , for selection, the new one is great. but, as i told, window tabs are awful, so no i'm switching back to 0.4 and wait for any change, please
    Yep, made a note of the suggestion

Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast