View Poll Results: Which folder icon do you want in Mac4Lin v1.0?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
Page 65 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

No problem, but I'm still working on it. How do you want the file "sent"? I assume I'll need a sf.net account (?). So far, I've only downloaded anonymously.

What should the commit command line be? This is my first time to use SVN and I don't want to step on anyone else's files. The scripts will go in /Scripts.

I have the SVN documentation, but I don't want to accidentally update someone else's files.

Comments:
    - First script will create the tarballs. This can always be combined with the install script, but will keep separate for now.

- Next, to update your existing v1.0_RC1 script for the SVN version.

- There's no /Wallpapers folder, so I created mac4lin/Wallpapers using v1.0_RC1 files.

- The existing script doesn't deal with the GTK_Splash files, I don't know what to do with them.

- BTW, I don't have a Mac but love the interface. (This may explain why I don't know what to do with some of the files.)

Beans
    Distro

Update: I built all the .tar.gz files ("_v1.0RC" is removed) and ran the install script with no errors. However, I'm getting an error in the Appearance Preferences (System --> Preferences --> Appearance).

"This theme will not look as intended because the required GTK+ theme 'Mac4Lin_GTK' is not installed."

The configuration editor loaded the key updates as the script intended, but I don't know what's missing.

Out of time for today, I'll create a sf.net account and figure out how to upload what I did. (Unless someone can give me a command line to commit the files).

One interesting note is that when I ran the v1.0RC install script as root the first time (sudo), it assigned ownership of the created ~/.xmms (+ other directories) to root. The script failed until I removed them and ran the new script with normal user privilege.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGirl1 View Post
    No problem, but I'm still working on it. How do you want the file "sent"? I assume I'll need a sf.net account (?). So far, I've only downloaded anonymously.

What should the commit command line be? This is my first time to use SVN and I don't want to step on anyone else's files. The scripts will go in /Scripts.

I have the SVN documentation, but I don't want to accidentally update someone else's files.

Comments:
    - First script will create the tarballs. This can always be combined with the install script, but will keep separate for now.

- Next, to update your existing v1.0_RC1 script for the SVN version.

- There's no /Wallpapers folder, so I created mac4lin/Wallpapers using v1.0_RC1 files.

- The existing script doesn't deal with the GTK_Splash files, I don't know what to do with them.

- BTW, I don't have a Mac but love the interface. (This may explain why I don't know what to do with some of the files.)
    You can shoot it across to me. I will put it up SVN since you can't do a commit.

You can even send the half-baked script. I will add the missing stuff
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Beans

From the SourceForge support forums I see there's an issue with the Firefox themes being outdated. I went ahead and updated the themes to use version 3.*, which works for an extension that I don't want updated. I fired up Firefox 3.0.10 and tried installing the themes, and they work beautifully.

I'm uploading .tar.gz's of each of the two Fx3 themes. I apologize for not being able to upload the .jar files, but the UF doesn't like .jar files.

@infra:
    Can they get moved into the svn?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans
    Distro

I installed your .jar files by dragging them into the Tool --> Add-Ons --> Themes window. FF 3.0.10. My comments...

I'm using a widescreen monitor at 1900x1200. The Mac4Lin image in Tools -> Add-Ons --> Themes is stretched vertically. That's one funny looking penguin. The image should probably be fixed (don't scale?). My thinking is that this logo (image) is the first thing a user sees, so it's important to make a good first impression.

If you don't have a widescreen monitor, I'd suggest changing your screen resolution to match the 16:9 aspect ratio (or 16:10 for some monitors).

- The FF window frame uses the OS borders and buttons.

- Aqua and Graphite appear to be the same thing except Aqua has color. They both look very nice.
    Last edited by GeekGirl1; May 22nd, 2009 at 01:14 AM.

Beans
    Distro

OK, my bad. I had trouble grabbing the window border in the Tools --> Add-ons --> Themes. All OK in FF.

I then tried the current Thunderbird schemes -
    Mac4Lin_1.0_RC2_TB_Aqua.jar
    Mac4Lin_1.0RC2_TB_Graphite.jar
    All the command buttons have a vertical white bar running through the left side of the button. The font seems too small and don't center in the command buttons.

Compare Thunderbird (left) to FF (right). 1900 x 1200 resolution. Thunderbird version 2.0.0.21 (20090409). (Window border is MacOS-X from www.gnome-look.org- backup theme when Mac4Lin is broken.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GeekGirl1; May 22nd, 2009 at 03:15 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    From the SourceForge support forums I see there's an issue with the Firefox themes being outdated. I went ahead and updated the themes to use version 3.*, which works for an extension that I don't want updated. I fired up Firefox 3.0.10 and tried installing the themes, and they work beautifully.

I'm uploading .tar.gz's of each of the two Fx3 themes. I apologize for not being able to upload the .jar files, but the UF doesn't like .jar files.

@infra:
    Thank you so much, Peng Yeah I'll commit them to SVN.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGirl1 View Post
    OK, my bad. I had trouble grabbing the window border in the Tools --> Add-ons --> Themes. All OK in FF.

I then tried the current Thunderbird schemes -
    Mac4Lin_1.0_RC2_TB_Aqua.jar
    Mac4Lin_1.0RC2_TB_Graphite.jar
    All the command buttons have a vertical white bar running through the left side of the button. The font seems too small and don't center in the command buttons.

Compare Thunderbird (left) to FF (right). 1900 x 1200 resolution. Thunderbird version 2.0.0.21 (20090409). (Window border is MacOS-X from www.gnome-look.org- backup theme when Mac4Lin is broken.)
    Yes atm Thunderbird theme has some issue. I am not into Mozilla theming. The person who edited the theme for Mac4Lin pack is very busy and hence some incomplete work. I share your concern regarding the first impression.
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Beans

hey,

just a suggestion. two actually. Please take a look at the attached picture.

thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by spandanj View Post
    hey,

just a suggestion. two actually. Please take a look at the attached picture.

thanks.
    I'm trying to get Aqua style for the drop down menu. But the problem is that the arrows on the menu are all messed up (you can see this thing in all the themes which implement aqua drop down menus). I'm yet to find a fix for it.

Secondly, the black line on the top and bottom part of the window cannot be selectively applied to certain windows. They will then stay across all the UI elements and mess things up (an e.g is if I enable the black line, then there will be a black line between the top title bar and the menu bar (File, Edit etc.). You can again take a look at this issue in some themes which implement this.

Mozilla theming is very different from GTK theming; hence many a times it very very difficult or almost impossible to port certain things from Mozilla themes to GTK. One example is the distance between buttons.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post

@infra:
    Thank you for the update.
    I use this theme now and it works pretty well.

Page 65 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast