View Poll Results: Which folder icon do you want in Mac4Lin v1.0?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
Page 25 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

I've been using the Mac4Lin customisation for a while now but after a dumb mistake during a clean install I deleted my backup file and had to start from scratch. Ever since then I'm having one slight issue with the theme consistency that I don't remember having before. Basically it's the mouse theme. In programs such as Firefox it shows the Mac4Lin mouse theme but virtually all other windows such as Pigin, desktop, folders it reverts to the standard Ubuntu Oxygen theme. It isn't as though it's switching it just looks like it isn't being applied universally and I don't know why.

Ubuntu 8.10, x86 build, using compiz and emerald with no other issues bar this. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I love the project and hate the standard Ubuntu mouse theme! >_<

Edit: I've tried uninstalling the theme and reinstalling it but it doesn't make a difference. Everything else works as it should but for this one thing.
    Last edited by Dyonas; December 6th, 2008 at 09:52 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

^^^ I haf absolutely no idea regarding this error. I'm seeing this for the first time. Lemme see if I can dig out something.

What I'm assuming is that you are not setting the correct Cursor theme in Compiz configuration settings manager. In the general tab, there is an entry for the Cursor theme. Try changing the name there to Mac4Lin cursor theme, then logout and log back in. May fix things.
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Beans

Interesting thing... I have tried setting it there but I did something else. I went to "System > Preferences > Appearance > Customise" and if I change the Pointer option there the exact same thing happens, no matter which one I choose. That tells me that it isn't a Mac4Lin problem, it's a system wide problem I've got.

Love the overall project, best of both worlds - Mac-type style and appearance with Linux customisation options!

Edit: I fixed it! I don't know why but changing window decorator from compiz, to GTK and then back resolved it. Strange but it worked, oh well!
    Last edited by Dyonas; December 7th, 2008 at 01:37 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
    Interesting thing... I have tried setting it there but I did something else. I went to "System > Preferences > Appearance > Customise" and if I change the Pointer option there the exact same thing happens, no matter which one I choose. That tells me that it isn't a Mac4Lin problem, it's a system wide problem I've got.

Love the overall project, best of both worlds - Mac-type style and appearance with Linux customisation options!

Edit: I fixed it! I don't know why but changing window decorator from compiz, to GTK and then back resolved it. Strange but it worked, oh well!
    nice!

dj peng or infa_red_dude, can you tell me how do I set the splash screen resolution? the driver that hardy has for my screen wants it to be 1680 x 1050 but I know its not that much even though it works, my screen is more hd in a wide format, and works best and looks best at 1280 x 1024 for me. so i switched that in System/preference/screen resolution but the splash is still in 1680 x 1050 and almost appears off screen. I always had an issue with this with ubuntu with it own splash, just wondering if you know about this? and im asking for help

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

There is no usplash screen resolution as such. I guess you need to change the default resolution so that the login screen appears at that resolution. The splash graphic is just an image file.
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Beans

I installed the mac4lin install. I love it overall. However im curious if there is anyway to make it do everything but put the X, Max/Min and Shrink back to the top right?

Beans

2.2 Shifting the order of the titlebar buttons
    The installation script will move the “traffic lights”, the minimize, maximize
    and close buttons, on the left hand side of the titlebar in Metacity
    (instructions for using the Emerald/Compiz Fusion theme appear in Section
    3). If you want to make the change manually, press Alt+F2 and type in gconf-editor.
    Press Enter or click Run and a new window should appear. In the sidebar, go to / →
    apps → metacity → general. Back on the right hand side, double click on
    button_layout. Delete the value that's there and type in
    menu:minimize,maximize,close. Then Click OK and close the application
    Configuration Editor. The buttons will now be on the left side of titlebar. To restore
    the buttons to the original layout, just replace the string with
    close,minimize,maximize:menu.
    amd 4-core cpu,dual geforce gts 450 in sli mode, 8 gigs of ram. / on 80 ssd drive, home on a 1tb sata drive, 4 tb sata drives for storage

Beans

Sweet. Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by infra_red_dude View Post
    There is no usplash screen resolution as such. I guess you need to change the default resolution so that the login screen appears at that resolution. The splash graphic is just an image file.
    how would i change default resolution in hardy?also is it possible to just lower the size of the splash?
    Last edited by KEE; December 7th, 2008 at 11:31 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KEE View Post
    how would i change default resolution in hardy?also is it possible to just lower the size of the splash?
    well makeing the image smaller doesnt help =( its still over the to right. so how do I change the splash default resolution?

Page 25 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast