View Poll Results: Which folder icon do you want in Mac4Lin v1.0?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Just wanted to put this out there for anyone using the gKRELLm app. I just made a new gkrellm theme that fits in very well with the overall Mac4Lin look and am attaching it to this post for anyone to use. The Mac4Lin developers are free to include this theme in the default Mac4Lin package if they so desire.
    Last edited by ardchoille42; April 20th, 2010 at 11:04 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by infra_red_dude View Post
    Hi Orlsend!

Thanks for this wonderful app. We can work together to provide the users with flexibility to change the whole UI. Lemme know if you want any inputs from me in this project
    Sure, Just clarify things the main developer of this project is Flimm, Yeah I will be more than happy to work together, If any early or special edition of Mac4Linn that you would like it to be in the Project just use our skin creator and send it attached to us and we surely be glad to put up in the repos.

BTW great work you have here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I have some questions:

1) Why don't the images in Mac4Lin_Icons_v1.0_RC/scalable/spinner show up in nautilus? My nautilus doesn't have any throbber/spinner at all. I've checked the permissions through that path and everything looks ok with perms. What am I doing wrong?

2) Ok, starting from the top of a window, you have a titlebar, menu bar, toolbar, body, and statusbar. I would like to know which graphic is used for the body of windows in the Mac4Lin theme. The reason I want to know this is so I can change that image to more closely resemble these screenshots - look at graphics numbered 9, 10, 11, 12, and 14.
    Last edited by ardchoille42; November 28th, 2008 at 01:20 PM.

Beans

@infra:
    Is there a problem with our USplashes? I'm noticing that neither will work and no matter whether I specify the spinner or progressbar version of our USplash I end up booting as if I specified nosplash. I'll try to check the versions I made but the ones in RC1 seem to be borked.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by ardchoille42 View Post
    Just wanted to put this out there for anyone using the gKRELLm app. I just made a new gkrellm theme that fits in very well with the overall Mac4Lin look and am attaching it to this post for anyone to use. The Mac4Lin developers are free to include this theme in the default Mac4Lin package if they so desire.
    Hey, Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Orlsend View Post
    Sure, Just clarify things the main developer of this project is Flimm, Yeah I will be more than happy to work together, If any early or special edition of Mac4Linn that you would like it to be in the Project just use our skin creator and send it attached to us and we surely be glad to put up in the repos.

BTW great work you have here.
    Thank you An automated installer and enabler will surely ease the lives of many people.

Quote Originally Posted by ardchoille42 View Post
    I have some questions:

1) Why don't the images in Mac4Lin_Icons_v1.0_RC/scalable/spinner show up in nautilus? My nautilus doesn't have any throbber/spinner at all. I've checked the permissions through that path and everything looks ok with perms. What am I doing wrong?

2) Ok, starting from the top of a window, you have a titlebar, menu bar, toolbar, body, and statusbar. I would like to know which graphic is used for the body of windows in the Mac4Lin theme. The reason I want to know this is so I can change that image to more closely resemble these screenshots - look at graphics numbered 9, 10, 11, 12, and 14.
    1) Apparently the pixmap names were changed by the GNOME developers.

2) in Mac4Lin GTK folder/gtk-2.0/grayscale graphics and also in the toolbar folder the gray graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    @infra:
    Is there a problem with our USplashes? I'm noticing that neither will work and no matter whether I specify the spinner or progressbar version of our USplash I end up booting as if I specified nosplash. I'll try to check the versions I made but the ones in RC1 seem to be borked.
    This is strange! They were working when I checked last time.. Oh wait.. that was hardy!
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Beans

Yeah, it looks like there may have been more changes in Intrepid. Silly devs, don't they know that if they change major components like that it will break a ton of third-party add-ons? Please don't tell me we have a bunch of Mozilla devs on the GNOME team.*

-----
    *Not to offend the cool Mozilla devs that argue for not changing things that have always worked a certain way. I know there must be at least a couple of them, but I'm seeing so many changes in Firefox 3 to how things simply work (including now moving the New Tab button to the tab bar and making it stick there without being able to move it, unless you install another remove-on) that I've gotten to where I'm hating how much I depend on Firefox's flexibility to be able to set it to how I want to work. Otherwise I'd kick Firefox to the curb and never look back. That's how much I hate some of the decisions made for Firefox 3.x.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

^^^ That is true... There are so many changes which are not required or would not haf affected the functionality, still they keep changing stuff which simply breaks the whole thing. Thats the bad part...
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Beans

First let me thank infra_red_dude and DJ_Peng for all the hard work that must have gone into creating / moving the forward and sticking with it for quite considerable time. =D> =D> =D> =D>

To the others that have contributed: thanks for your input and making this a great looking environment.

OK - once upon a time I was a Unix system admin and an Oracle DBA. Since then I have moved on and eventually moved to the windows environment. Last few years Micro$hit has become a tirant and it is now time for me to move back to my roots, UNIX / Linux.

I did have a brief experiment with Ubuntu many years ago, latest version was 6 something. I also had a look at Solaris at that time.

I have a need to run a legacy system under Windows 2000 / XP - I cannot and will not move it to a later version of Windows. Ideally it needs to run transparanet like under VMware Fusion but I have not a MAC and neither am I really taken with the Apple hardware: I cannot stand reflective screens.

Perhaps someone (not necessarily the developers - they'll have enough on their plate) can answer some questions for me:

I have one of the last Lenovo Thinkpads T61p, T7500, 2 Gb RAM, 7200 RPM Hitachi HDD , 100 Gb (the most silent one available, I love my peace). (I also have a development machine, a Lenovo Thinkpad Z61m with the T2500 CPU, 32 bit only)

Q: MAC4Lin - does it run on both 32 and 64 bit environment (host only, I want to run Virtual Box for XP 32 bit)

Q2: MAC4Lin - does it run only on Ubuntu Hardy or will it run on other versions of Ubuntu or on other Linux versions: I know SLED 10.3 is supported on similar machines to mine

Q3: Picking up the pieces of Unix knowledge after 12 years: How hard is it to get going again and install MAC4LIN, where do I start?

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Leonardo_da_Vinci; November 30th, 2008 at 03:08 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hey, Thank you
    You're welcome

1) Apparently the pixmap names were changed by the GNOME developers.

2) in Mac4Lin GTK folder/gtk-2.0/grayscale graphics and also in the toolbar folder the gray graphics.
    1) Ok, I'll just wait until it's changed in the Mac4Lin project as I can't figure out how to fix it.

2) Hey, thanks for the info about the graphics, I made the change. Some apps don't look good with this and some do (gedit looks great but messageboxes don't). Perhaps this is why the Mac4Lin devs didn't do it

Keep up the great work, looking forward to the next Mac4Lin release

Beans

Hey Anirudh,

Can you include a guide for auto-hinting fonts in ubuntu 8.04 in your documentation. I think it's turned on by default in ubuntu 8.10. Please take a look at the following font files I have attached to this post.

Really, try fonts1.txt yourself. You will see big changes! looks so much better....

1) make a new file '.font.conf' in your home directory
    2) copy and paste text from fonts1.txt to .font.conf file
    3) log out
    4) log in.

Thanks man!
    Let me know how I can help with the theme. I don't own a mac.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by spandanj; November 30th, 2008 at 06:55 AM.

Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast