Thread: [SOLVED] lost network icon

Beans

[SOLVED] lost network icon

this is kinda retarded but i deleted an icon from my panel in the top right hand corner( beside the time and date), it was the network icon that allowed me to choose a wired connection or wireless connection, does anyone know how i can get it back???

Beans

Re: lost network icon

Quote Originally Posted by verbal.kint View Post
    this is kinda retarded but i deleted an icon from my panel in the top right hand corner( beside the time and date), it was the network icon that allowed me to choose a wired connection or wireless connection, does anyone know how i can get it back???
    You could just reinstall the GNOME applets:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall gnome-applets
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Right click on the panel, and select Add to Panel, then find the applet in the list. Alternatively, if you are referring to the network manager (nm-applet), then press Alt and F2, then type "nm-applet" in the text box. To start this automatically, click System > Preferences > Sessions, and check the tick-box for "Network Manager" from the "Startup Programs" list. If it is not listed, click Add and use the command "nm-applet --sm-disable".
    Everything that has a Beginning, has an End

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

It's notification area I believe - add it as WRDN has said.

Beans

thanks i got it working, i think it was the notification area that i actually got rid of