Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How-To: Firefox Media Center (WIP)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How-To: Firefox Media Center (WIP)

Another important update!

I have expanded section 8 to include support for scheduling TV recordings by e-mail, using a Gmail account.

So now we can tell our media center to record a TV show by simply sending an e-mail with the configuration files.

Since the the method was created by me with programs not designed to do this, it isn't very elegant, but it works. I would appreciate comments about it's functionality.

Beans
    Distro

I have updated several scripts and the database from section 8, to include TvFox EPG integration with the recording scheduler.

So now we can schedule recordings manually, by e-mail or using the EPG grid.

Note: the "scheduler.sqlite" database has now a new field for storing the program title, provided by TvFox. All scripts related to the scheduler database were also updated to include this new value and recorded files will be named after it. The modified sections were 8.4, 8.5 and the new 8.6.

Beans
    Distro

Important update!

The tutorial will not be maintained anymore, because I have created a Firefox extension to do all the stuff on a single and simple interface.

Please visit the FoxMediaCenter website for downloading it.
    Last edited by lovinglinux; September 4th, 2010 at 01:50 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567