Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How-To: Firefox Media Center (WIP)

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: How-To: Firefox Media Center 1.0

A better fix if using Compiz for setting the Fast Dial home page at the back:

In Windows Rules>Below use "title=Fast Dial - Mozilla Firefox", this keeps the home page below but all other firefox pages with different titles not necessarily below, and does not affect your other profile. This means if you are calling out a standalaone program, and therefore not moving away from the home page, you will see your standalone application.
    No longer participating......

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Catre-Vandis View Post
    A better fix if using Compiz for setting the Fast Dial home page at the back:

In Windows Rules>Below use "title=Fast Dial - Mozilla Firefox", this keeps the home page below but all other firefox pages with different titles not necessarily below, and does not affect your other profile. This means if you are calling out a standalaone program, and therefore not moving away from the home page, you will see your standalone application.
    Yep, I already used that too. Problem is that I use Fast Dial everywhere and when you access a regular web link or leave the Fast Dial home page, FMC leaves the fullscreen mode, which is very annoying.

About the --enqueue....I don't know how to parse variables to a script. You might want to consider AmaroK XUL remote
    . I couldn't make it work and looks like it is incompatible with FF 3.0.1 but looks promising.

Beans
    Hidden!

Sourced a simple script to enqueue with audacious, although it means it applies to all mp3s (meaning I will always enqueue and have to go to the player to play:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    /usr/bin/audacious --enqueue "$*"
    Name it, make executable, and point Firefox Preferences Applications MP3 Audio at it instead of gecko or simple audacious
    No longer participating......

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Catre-Vandis View Post
    Sourced a simple script to enqueue with audacious, although it means it applies to all mp3s (meaning I will always enqueue and have to go to the player to play:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    /usr/bin/audacious --enqueue "$*"
    Name it, make executable, and point Firefox Preferences Applications MP3 Audio at it instead of gecko or simple audacious
    Very nice. Thank you.

I have included the Gspace extension in the top of the Extensions section, because it allows you to upload your music to GMail, listen to them anywhere and even create playlists on-the-fly that you can listen from FMC without any additional software. See example below:

I knew Gspace for a few years ago, but didn't imagined that it was so well developed now and with the ability to create music playlists. One of the best extensions for FMC in my opinion. It's not a solution for what you are trying to do, but definitively worth downloading.

Beans
    Distro

Re: How-To: Firefox Media Center (WIP)

I have completely replaced section 4 of the tutorial. Now instead of using FireFly for editing local files, the tutorial uses FireFTP, which is cleaner, simpler and has all necessary tools for local file management.

Beans
    Distro

I have updated section 8.2. PVR to allow multiple recordings without overwriting the avi file.

Beans
    Distro

Updated section 8.2 so when you hit the record button TVTime will be launched so you can choose channel. The recording will start only after you close TVTime window.

Beans
    Distro

Updated section 8.2 to include an option for automatically launching the recorded video after stopping the recorder and to move the file to another location before playing it (I'm starting to love this command line thing).
    Last edited by lovinglinux; September 16th, 2008 at 09:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Updated section 8.2 to include code that display a notification icon in the gnome panel. You can also stop the recording by clicking the notification icon.

Beans
    Distro

Updated section 8.2. with new transcode commands for NTSC and PAL-M and created a new section for PVR.
    Last edited by lovinglinux; September 19th, 2008 at 01:02 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast