Thread: Ubuntu on a tablet notebook?

Ubuntu on a tablet notebook?

Does the newest version have any kind of support for tablet pcs (controlled with a stylus/pen)? I have a Gateway CX2618 that came with Windows XP Tablet 2005. I formatted the drive because I tried installing Vista on it. The Vista installation failed, and I have no operating system on the computer right now. I need to be able to use the laptop for school, and my next class is on Tuesday. I have some time, but I really need some operating system on it.

I have used Ubuntu on other computers, and was surprised that most hardware was supported. In fact, some things worked better than in XP. But I have been searching Google for hours and can't find an answer to my question.

I am willing to do a little work, but if the touchscreen won't work right with Ubuntu, please tell me so that I can stop my download.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Ubuntu on a tablet notebook?

No problem, I use Hardy on my HP T1100 TabletPC. I have installed it in dual boot with Windows. For more informations you can look here or if you can read german you can look here

Have fun, Harvey