Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Looking Glass

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Project Looking Glass

Hi,

I am one of the project leads for Project Looking Glass (http://lg3d.dev.java.net). This is a research project working on a new desktop that uses the 3D chipsets available in most desktop machines to explore new possibilities in UI design.

I'd like to create .deb packages for Ubuntu of this project and all it's dependencies to make the project more accessible to Ubuntu users. Which is the correct forum to discuss issues such as where various parts of the system should be installed ?

Thanks

Paul

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Project Looking Glass

you may want to go into #ubuntu or the development mailing lists to ask this. That's where the developers hang out most

I'd love .deb packages for looking glass. I've played with it some. Yowser!

Beans
    Hidden!

Wow. That would be awesome to play with. I kinda thought it was dead.
    Last edited by MetalMusicAddict; November 17th, 2005 at 02:17 AM.

Beans

Welcome and WOW. I like looking glass a lot. I have played with it much and I would love to try it on my Ubuntu box without the hassle of a live CDs. I would get in touch with the MOTUs:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU

As they can help you the most.

Thanks in advance.
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Hidden!

Welcome to the Ubuntu Forums, paulby.

I've followed the news regarding Project Looking Glass since the initial announcement and look forward to easy to use .debs for Ubuntu.

Beans

would be great to have a deb file!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by paulby
    I'd like to create .deb packages for Ubuntu of this project and all it's dependencies to make the project more accessible to Ubuntu users. Which is the correct forum to discuss issues such as where various parts of the system should be installed ?
    I'd like to try them. I've tried LiveCDs with PLG, but running Linux off a CD can be awfully slow. Is there any chance of the debs including customization manuals so I can change the menu and fiddle with the color scheme?
    My sole duty is to my own happiness and well-being. I recognize no other.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

The color scheme etc is controlled in the source code at the moment. It's something that should be user configurable eventually (and actually would be easy to implement) but it's low on our priority list at the moment.

The menu's will be configurable, by hand editing some xml files in the short term.

Beans

The color scheme etc is controlled in the source code at the moment. It's something that should be user configurable eventually (and actually would be easy to implement) but it's low on our priority list at the moment.
    Fair enough. I can wait.

The menu's will be configurable, by hand editing some xml files in the short term.
    Hand-editing XML files? No problem. I use Openbox, after all, and most of its config files are XML.
    My sole duty is to my own happiness and well-being. I recognize no other.

Beans
    Hidden!

debs would be awesome... Lookin' Glass looks amazing, but really hard to install
    So... a 1337 java programmer walks into a bar...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast