Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WMV without sound

Beans

Re: WMV without sound

your best bet for building would be to follow Andrews guide (I would think it would be ok for for mint though can't say 100%

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1024592

In that same thread post 94 shows how to patch

You would do the patch between lines 3 and 4 of the mplayer build instr.

I use a different method than Andrew's to build but in the end should be the same.

If you read thru the post I first linked you'll see I did experience some build failures with the patch after at first having none. Would love to have someone else try and see what happens.
    (I worked a solution, not sure if 100% 'proper'..,

Worst case I saved most of one of the package sets I made, very vanilla (uses repo livemedia, runtime cpu detection, no vdpau, didn't save the mplayer_doc .deb, I think it was r 29154 (or 29174

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    your best bet for building would be to follow Andrews guide (I would think it would be ok for for mint though can't say 100%

In that same thread post 94 shows how to patch

You would do the patch between lines 3 and 4 of the mplayer build instr.

I use a different method than Andrew's to build but in the end should be the same.

If you read thru the post I first linked you'll see I did experience some build failures with the patch after at first having none. Would love to have someone else try and see what happens.
    (I worked a solution, not sure if 100% 'proper'..,

Worst case I saved most of one of the package sets I made, very vanilla (uses repo livemedia, runtime cpu detection, no vdpau, didn't save the mplayer_doc .deb, I think it was r 29154 (or 29174
    What do I do if I've already built do I just build again and apply the patch? also did you mean apply the patch between lines 3&4 of "Download and Compile the svn mplayer"?

Thanks again!

Beans

Andrew may be better suited than I for his guide but yes rebuild from scratch.
    The 3&4 is
    $ cd $HOME
    $ svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer
    $ cd $HOME/mplayer
    do the patch commands starting with the line "svn checkout svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/soc/wmapro wmapro"
    $ ./configure
    Can stand corrected if need be, as noted I use a diff. method (Usually build debian packages instead of checkinstall packages

I may be mixing up threads so to clarify

Intrepid build thread

Patch post 94
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...081070&page=10

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Unfortunatley I'm getting build errors =[

Pastebin Link...

Thanks for helping! and congratulations on your 3,000th post!

Beans

Ok, those are the exact errors I got. (well to an extent, the obvious initial 'fix' reduced them to three, that's where a 'proper' fix comes to mind. What I've found is a 'hack' in my opinion

What's odd is when I was building some .debs for others it sailed right thru. (still don't get it.

Would be very useful if you posted them in the jaunty mplayer thread, maybe nullack could advise.

If you wish I'll post my work around
    (if so you'll need 1 file from this source, so download, unpack on the desktop and post back.

http://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

scroll all the way to bottom and download the 0.5 source
    right under this line
    FFmpeg 0.5 "half-way to world domination A.K.A. the belligerent blue bike shed"

Edit: If you haven't touched your build folder or entered any futher commands let me know, will save some time.
    Last edited by mc4man; April 23rd, 2009 at 03:43 AM.

Beans

Went back to a live intrepid amd_64 cd and as of the latest mplayer and wmapro patch it's very simple.

A few days ago I needed to patch, build, let it fail, insert a file, resume the build. If I inserted the file first the build would still fail but just with a few minor errors that seemed correctable with some source editing. (this may or may not be because I build off of a debian rules versus ./configure, make (The let it fail part

As of tonights sources you just need to insert a file. (if someone knows a better solution I'd love to know.

While your pastebin didn't show the initial error it's probably this (you can increase your scrollback lines by opening a terminal -> edit -> profile preferences, I think there's a max, I set it to 3000

-I/usr/include/schroedinger-1.0 -I/usr/include/liboil-0.3 -c -o wmaenc.o wmaenc.c
    cc -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -I.. -I.. -Wundef -Wdisabled-optimization -Wno-pointer-sign -Wdeclaration-after-statement -std=gnu99 -Wall -Wno-switch -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -O4 -march=native -mtune=native -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I. -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/directfb -I/usr/include/ -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/kde/artsc -pthread -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -D_REENTRANT -Ilibdvdread4 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/schroedinger-1.0 -I/usr/include/liboil-0.3 -c -o wma3dec.o wma3dec.c
    wma3dec.c:29:23: error: bitstream.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from wma3dec.c:30:
    wma3.h:97: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'VLC'
    wma3dec.c: In function 'dump_context':
    wma3dec.c:49: error: 'WMA3DecodeContext' has no member named 'sample_bit_depth'
    wma3dec.c:50: error: 'WMA3DecodeContext' has no member named 'decode_flags'
    ...............major clipping..................
    wma3dec.c:1630: error: 'WMA3DecodeContext' has no member named 'packet_loss'
    make[1]: *** [wma3dec.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/mplayer/libavcodec'
    make: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2
    You need to have a bitstream.h file available and from what I see there is none in the mplayer source, none in /usr/include, nor is one produced during the build.
    If you download a svn of ffmpeg there isn't one there either, nor in the rev. mplayer uses. But there is in the 0.5 source I linked above

So unpack the 0.5 source, go into the libavcodec folder and right click -> copy bitstream.h
    Then go into your mplayer source folder and paste bitstream.h into the libavcodec folder.

Then either cd to your mplayer source and run make or if you wish run make clean or make distclean.

If you run make clean then just go make, if you run make distclean then go back to ./configure
    ect.

So with this mplayer and this wmapro it's
    get source, patch, insert bitstream.h, configure, make and install (I can't remember if I configured before inserting bitstream.h, don't believe it matters

mplayer....
    Checked out revision 29220.
    ubuntu@ubuntu:~/mplayer1$ cd mplayer
    ubuntu@ubuntu:~/mplayer1/mplayer$ svn checkout svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/soc/wmapro wmapro
    Checked out revision 4231.

For consistency I used Andrews guide exactly for intrepid on a live cd

For curiosity I did the build 4 times on fresh sources

lived cd + andrews guide (build failed
    As described above (build succeeded
    added the repo ffmpeg libraries and devs to see if affected (failed
    removed the libraries, built and installed the latest ffmpeg (failed
    Last edited by mc4man; April 23rd, 2009 at 07:04 AM. Reason: spelling

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Brilliant!!!!!! Thanks ever so much! you've finaly solved my one and only problem with my 64 bit install =]

I've always wonderd why this audio codec dosent come in w64codecs? like it does in w32codecs =[

Thanks again!

Last edited by kamitsukai; April 23rd, 2009 at 08:29 AM.

Beans

I've always wonderd why this audio codec dosent come in w64codecs? like it does in w32codecs
    It doesn't appear w64codecs will ever amount to much though I'm not up on whether there any work being done there (i gather it's far from trivial to convert the win runtime files to .so's

I'd think the wma3 support will make it's way into the mplayer's libavcodec at some point.

Hopefully there be something for wmal at some point also (wma lossless

(overall I'm impressed with how well the 64 bit live cd ran on my little core2duo laptop, my main box and tester are p4's

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I'm having problems now

followed your guide today after i reinstalled but I'm getting this error after building with the bitstream.h file in the libavcodec folder

Code:
    carl@carl-desktop ~/mplayer $ make
    make -C libavcodec
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/carl/mplayer/libavcodec'
    cc -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -I.. -I.. -Wundef -Wdisabled-optimization -Wno-pointer-sign -Wdeclaration-after-statement -std=gnu99 -Wall -Wno-switch -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -O4 -march=native -mtune=native -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -Ilibdvdread4 -I.  -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/directfb -I/usr/include/  -I/usr/include/SDL  -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/kde/artsc -pthread -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include   -D_REENTRANT    -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include   -I/usr/include/schroedinger-1.0 -I/usr/include/liboil-0.3     -c -o wma3dec.o wma3dec.c
    wma3dec.c: In function 'wma3_decode_init':
    wma3dec.c:315: error: too few arguments to function 'ff_mdct_init'
    make[1]: *** [wma3dec.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/carl/mplayer/libavcodec'
    make: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2

Beans

That was a time and place thing, adding bitstream.h was what was needed then.
    Every svn of mplayer changes, ffmpeg changes, ect.

Try it with just applying the patch, maybe it will work fine now.

The first time I did it I didn't need to include bitstream.h, shortly afterwards I did.

In the latest mplayer of a few days ago it built fine without adding, today's who knows....?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast