Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: moderating quotas ?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

moderating quotas ?

Do the mods needs to close so many threads a day to remain mods or something ?

Honestly, LaRoza closes every single thread that can be taken in the least bit anti-Christian way.

So people are complaining about christians knocking on their doors talking rubbish about god and heaven and hell etc and thats not ok ?

You get more freedom to talk about what you want in North Korea then in the off-topic section.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: moderating quotas ?

Oh for god sake, I just saw that a thread about an article on the onion was closed. On the Onion!

Any IDIOT, yes IDIOT that could possibly get offended by anything on the onion shouldn't be allowed near a computer.

Do you honestly think that ANY Irish person would ever get offended by any of the stories about us on there ?

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29582

Oh look, the IRA going to start bombing if we don't get year-round shamrock shakes.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29096

Soap for us dirty filthy Paddys.

Honestly, are we adults or kindergarten students ?

Beans

I will look at this and respond in due course.

It may be a while as there is a few entried in the res centre today. Please be patient
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I will be patient.

Theres 'offence' and then theres just pure utter madness, and the modding in purple ponies has descended into the latter.

Threads are being closed because a mod doesn't personally agree with them and then makes up some reasons to make it sound half plausible.

I'm not the only one who thinks this and this is not a recent occurrence, it has been happening for months and it just keeps getting worse.

There should be some control on lower mods.

Beans

Can we have some links please .

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thread about christians annoying people in their homes
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=908638&page=2

Onion article thread
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=908220

Beans

Progress report

I have opened the "onions" thread with a rider

As for the religious visitors, thats a hard one .

I understand the frustration at these things it seems to me to fall under the same umbrella as spam and telemarketers DON'T get me started on telemarketers, remember my blood pressure

Anyway I digress ,I want to give this some more thought

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Progress report

I have opened the "onions" thread with a rider

As for the religious visitors, thats a hard one .

I understand the frustration at these things it seems to me to fall under the same umbrella as spam and telemarketers DON'T get me started on telemarketers, remember my blood pressure

Anyway I digress ,I want to give this some more thought
    Have you forgotten about this Mike ?

Howabout this for a proposal.

Theres a LOT of people who think the mods go completely over the top in the off-topic section.

Why can't we have an off-topic section for "adults" ? Not a subforum but on an equal footing as purple ponies.

I'm not suggesting a lawless area where there are no COC's but a place where common sense prevails against over the top political correctness.

90% of the time in purple ponies a thread is locked or a member is given an infraction etc for something completely over the top.

The new adult forum should ..
    1. Have common sense prevail in decisions. e.g > a comment which COULD be offensive to someone is very different from a comment which is intentionally meant to be offensive. You can find offence in anything if you look hard enough and thats the current norm.

2. Bad language. I don't know what you call it, cursing, cussing or whatever. We're adults and as adults I should be able to say any word I want to say. Actually if I wanted to, I could complain to you that the current COC is racist because I can't use words that normally make up 60 - 70% of my vocabulary. Irish people use curse words in everyday conversation all the time to just about everyone and 99% of the time they are not meant to be offensive. e.g > Its f*ing p*ing rain today.

Can we at least have a discussion about this on purple ponies ?

Beans

My apologies . I havent forgotten , just that life has been making demands on my time

Its still on my radar

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Mike.

Are you waiting for this to blow over ? I believe I have relevant points here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast